State of Strange

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2002
I try to take a little time every day to glance at what everyone here is saying. I find it hard to take the time out to post replies because of the severe lack of time. I am currently putting in 16 to 17 hour days 6 days a week to make this shit pop. As I read through the different post I want so much to respond but simply can't always afford the time. With that being said I will try to bring you all up to speed on a few of the things that are currently going on.

I have seen several people on this board talk about our "BIG RECORD DEAL" I want to clarify this; Strange Music recently signed a "Distribution Deal" not a "record deal". To make things clear, Strange Music is an independent record company with a great distribution deal with Fontana (a division of Universal). This is a far better situation than Strange has ever been involved in before. Before there was always a middle man. This time it is Strange directly with the distributer. This prevents a lot of the bullshit that we have recently been through. However this does not mean that the label Universal is going to be pushing our records. This kind of thing will only take place if we are offered an opportunity to "up stream" one of our records. EVERREADY IS AN INDEPENDENT RECORD PUT OUT BY AN INDEPENDENT RECORD COMPANY; IE STRANGE MUSIC!!!

Trying to put out an album like this is no small task. There is always something that needs to happen, should of happened, want to happen, and so on...... What we have to do is pick and choose what works best for the album and artist with the budget that we have for that particular project. The radio and video promo is hands down the biggest mistake that most independents that have (came and since gone) make.
NOT DONE , BUT GOTTA JUMP!

I HAVE NO LESS THAN 20 MORE PARAGRAPHS STILL ON MY MIND. I WILL TRY TO CONTINUE IN THE COMING DAYS. T.O.

Apr 30, 2004
asdf said:
So.. who are you?

Seriously. Before you get to the criticism of the person posting you should realize that there are a few people who post on here that, as a tech n9ne fan, you should try your hardest not to criticize. Travis O'Guinn is one of those people.

Jan 4, 2005
Swick said:
Ive thought of that....But we can't set permissions liek that... I will discuss it with T.O.

OH, HOPEFULLY ON THE NEW FORUM IS CAN BE DONE SINCE STRANGE WILL HAVE MORE CONTROL OF IT. I WOULD HATE TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF TECH POSTED AGAIN ON HERE WITH ALL THE NEW PEEPS.

Sep 18, 2006
Thanks for the post Travis. I love that Strange has such a personal connection with the fans. Like today, I got an e-mail from Shawn about the street team, I called him up and 5 minutes later we had a whole game plan set up for makin this shit pop in Boise, ID. Its a beautiful thing man.

Sep 12, 2005
the master plan is prolly like isms which might have eminem and will for sure have twista, and a jellysicke remix with yuk, pitbull, and paul wall. i actually have no fucking clue im just guessing.

Feb 9, 2006
People take this message board way too seriously.

And to Travis, if he reads this, I just wanted to let you know I have alotta love for Strange Music. The quality of talent on this label is ridculous and I feel bad(Not Really) for the "mainstream" fans who have never heard the music that comes out of this camp. Strange DESERVES alot more sucess and I hope Everready can help you guys get more of it.

I also hope you guys release more albums next year than you did this year cause the music is my disc changer is getting kind of stale. I NEED SOME NEW SHIT GUYS C'MON!