Starting out with a new little studio... Help

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 30, 2006
I use to have a cool little studio about 4-5 years ago that I bought off my homeboy real cheap.... I didn’t know how to use the equipment at all and I am a very impatient person so I gave up on it and sold everything.

I quit drinking so I'm looking at this like a hobby, I don't want anything to complicated.

I just bought a brand new computer; I'm going to get a new copy of pro tools....

I need a mixer and a decent mic on a budget.... I also need a studio type speaker.... Any suggestions?

Also, please list anything that I might be forgetting about. It's always the little things that get me cuz I forget.

This is just a hobby to make some little beats and record for my own personal amusement so no big budget $$$$$$ stuff.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
you need an audio interface, that lets you run audio into your computer via USB PCI or Firewire

You need Software like protools or cubase, note that you need a compatable interface for pro tools to work has to be digi design or m audio

Studio monitors for cheap I'd get like KRK Rockets for like 150 bucks

A mic just get a large diaphram condenser mic best for recording vocals note you'll need 48v phantom power to make one of those sound right and thats about it

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
go to the guitar center lately they've had bundles u can purchase under 800 bucks with speakers....mic....interface and programs

prolly ur best bang for the buck