St.Louis in the top 3 again

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2005
xpanther206 said:
The guy was correct when he said that Saginaw was too small. I plugged the numbers in for Saginaw, it registered a 78.95 which would have put it as #2 behind Camden.

As for Richmond, CA, I certainly am not disputing anything you say about it. The world was taught about that when that Oregon blue chip football recruit tragically lost his life the day before he was going to leave for Eugene. World also learned about this in the Coach Carter movie.

The reason Richmond was a little lower in my index (#75 overall) was twofold: the vacant housing percentage was very very low and the poverty rate was also considerably lower than a lot of these other places.

Again these are just numbers, take them for what they are worth in your eyes. It was just an attempt on my part to find the roughest spots in the USA without ever leaving my computer. So it's obviousyl a very very incomplete study for that reason. But it is certainly good for something.

And one of the things I think it is good for, coupled with my travels, is that West Coast ghettos really are nothing like Midwest ghettos. For one thing, West Coast ghettos are a hell of a lot more racially integrated than midwest ghettos. Midwest ghettos = ALL BLACK, and unfortunately the numbers always point to the all black areas being those that struggle the most with issues of crime, education, employment and economics. Midwest ghettos are also a hell of a lot older and thus, look a hell of a lot more depressing. You don't have literally buildings crumbling in the ghettos of the West Coast, and as someone pointed out accurately, they do not take up as big a chunk of the city as they do in the Midwest.

ok now i see what your saying and it makes more sense at first i had no clue what you were implying by midwest ghettos being completely different than west coast ghettos. Now i see why richmond is so low on your list, i had an idea that it would have to do with the cost of living, amount of money, etc...

Nov 26, 2005
xpanther206 said:
And one of the things I think it is good for, coupled with my travels, is that West Coast ghettos really are nothing like Midwest ghettos. For one thing, West Coast ghettos are a hell of a lot more racially integrated than midwest ghettos. Midwest ghettos = ALL BLACK, and unfortunately the numbers always point to the all black areas being those that struggle the most with issues of crime, education, employment and economics. Midwest ghettos are also a hell of a lot older and thus, look a hell of a lot more depressing. You don't have literally buildings crumbling in the ghettos of the West Coast, and as someone pointed out accurately, they do not take up as big a chunk of the city as they do in the Midwest.
well said and very true..

Sep 16, 2002
www.2coldgraphiks.com
xpanther206 said:
2) I want to ask D-Skrilla what he thinks about this idea: I think that one big reason why places tend to glorify/embrace the title of murder cap is basically that it is all the people have. These cities are all near the top every single year, so having a very high homicide rate is a given year to year anyway, so why not be the very "best" at something ? Seems like the people who come from these places don't have a whole lot of hope in life, so one thing that they are able to call their own is the idea of "survival," thus the title of murder cap tremendously emphasizes this idea of survival as a vital part of someones' identity. Do you feel what I'm saying as far as why it is sometimes glorified? Does it make any sense? You're from Flint, I'm not, I would like to know what you think about this theory.
I was thinkin the same thing, that's why I said it wans't a diss to Gary or Detroit cuz I can understand. Especially with Gary cuz Flint and Gary are like sister cities. Both have almost the same population, same reason for there struggles (The Steel inudstry leavin Gary and GM leavin Flint), and both are also ONLY known nationaly by their crime rate. So I can defintly understand the "idea of "survival," thus the title of murder cap tremendously emphasizes this idea of survival as a vital part of someones' identity." Shit being raised from Flint and in the most dangerous area of the city, I've been guilty of the same shit a lot of times. I was just simply statin a point that the Chi just didn't do it.

Apr 25, 2002
Milwaukee scored a 55.99, that was 70th overall (out of the original 375). The 2 crime variables weren't quite high enough, along with the vacant housing not being high enough. As for the other four, the Mil was pretty high.

Rockford = 50.31 (#145 overall)
Aurora = 38.33 (#271 overall)

Cicero was not in the original 375, but I plugged the data into the equation and for comparison's sake, threw in a North Side (Evanston) and South Side (Harvey) suburb as well, and here's what the results were:

Harvey = 71.82 (that would've been good enough for #13 overall)

Evanston = 31.43

Cicero = 51.60 (right about Rockford level, I was surprised to see Cicero is 78% Latino, that was the rough white area I thought, the place where it was NOT safe to be black back in the day)

*I'm glad you guys have a basic appreciation for this, we've got some perceptive urban geographers amongst us. Far cry from the West Coast boards who get their panties in a bunch when told that just maybe they are not the best regional poster-child for urban decay.

Nov 26, 2005
SOAK::GAME said:
yeah thats a good site...

check out the san francisco section... i contributed the photos of public housing
hhhmmm...you sure about that???cause there is no SF public housing section..theres a housing projects section though.Which photos did you contribute????San francisco dont look bad at all...

Oct 10, 2005
BloodyMizery816 said:
hhhmmm...you sure about that???cause there is no SF public housing section..theres a housing projects section though.Which photos did you contribute????San francisco dont look bad at all...
i think he meant housing projects, same thing...anyways like xpanther206 said before cali hoods are different than other hoods. When i checked every cities pics the only city i saw with people outside in the backround hustlin is in the san francisco pics. It ain't that bad??? That is HP, it is not run down buildings or nothing but still it is the projects, cops being sprayed with ak's, drugs being sold on the block, same shit that goes down in every ghetto. Trust me you would not want to live in there.

Oct 10, 2005
there used to be pics of compton and south central, same with seattle i thought. They should get some up of oakland and flint, both have some very depressing parts.

Apr 8, 2004
xpanther206 said:
Milwaukee scored a 55.99, that was 70th overall (out of the original 375). The 2 crime variables weren't quite high enough, along with the vacant housing not being high enough. As for the other four, the Mil was pretty high.

Rockford = 50.31 (#145 overall)
Aurora = 38.33 (#271 overall)

Cicero was not in the original 375, but I plugged the data into the equation and for comparison's sake, threw in a North Side (Evanston) and South Side (Harvey) suburb as well, and here's what the results were:

Harvey = 71.82 (that would've been good enough for #13 overall)

Evanston = 31.43

Cicero = 51.60 (right about Rockford level, I was surprised to see Cicero is 78% Latino, that was the rough white area I thought, the place where it was NOT safe to be black back in the day)

*I'm glad you guys have a basic appreciation for this, we've got some perceptive urban geographers amongst us. Far cry from the West Coast boards who get their panties in a bunch when told that just maybe they are not the best regional poster-child for urban decay.

Good Lookin Jo.
Yeah, Cicero is mainly Latino--think Mexicans. Aurora too. Rockford got more black people and is not in ChicagoLand.

Nov 26, 2005
415via810 said:
i think he meant housing projects, same thing...anyways like xpanther206 said before cali hoods are different than other hoods. When i checked every cities pics the only city i saw with people outside in the backround hustlin is in the san francisco pics. It ain't that bad??? That is HP, it is not run down buildings or nothing but still it is the projects, cops being sprayed with ak's, drugs being sold on the block, same shit that goes down in every ghetto. Trust me you would not want to live in there.
if i can live and survive in KC and stlouis i can survive in san fransico a.k.a fagget city!!!San Fran aint shit man.Did you know that san fran is in the top 5 list for one of the friendliness cities in america????I bet you didnt know that...

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
BloodyMizery816 said:
if i can live and survive in KC and stlouis i can survive in san fransico a.k.a fagget city!!!San Fran aint shit man.Did you know that san fran is in the top 5 list for one of the friendliness cities in america????I bet you didnt know that...
lol okay... say what you say, but i'll tell you now that theres nothing friendly about those projects, and its no different than any of the bad neighborhoods in KC or St. Louis...

Apr 25, 2002
^

You'all are both right.

Hunters Point = not a place you want to live.

"Hunters Point style" places in SF = not a big chunk of San Francisco at all

"Hunters Point style" places in KC = much bigger chunk of KC, hence the crime rate that is astronomically higher in KC than SF

Oct 10, 2005
BloodyMizery816 said:
hey thats ok, san francisco is the best place in the states to live, yes it is a very friendly, but it is a big city and at any time you could get your throat slit for talking shit whether that be in HP, mission, or the wharf. KC's is a lot less dangerous than people make it out to be, plus what the hell is there to be proud of in living in a highly crime rated city, there is nothing to bragg about. Kc murders are spread out, Sf murders are back at the same place time and time again, you probaly live in some KC burb with lots of cash and speaking like you commit the crimes in KC. i guarantee you wouldn't roll through HP and tell them people that SF is fag city.

Nov 26, 2005
415via810 said:
hey thats ok, san francisco is the best place in the states to live, yes it is a very friendly, but it is a big city and at any time you could get your throat slit for talking shit whether that be in HP, mission, or the wharf. KC's is a lot less dangerous than people make it out to be, plus what the hell is there to be proud of in living in a highly crime rated city, there is nothing to bragg about. Kc murders are spread out, Sf murders are back at the same place time and time again, you probaly live in some KC burb with lots of cash and speaking like you commit the crimes in KC. i guarantee you wouldn't roll through HP and tell them people that SF is fag city.
theres nothing to be proud of living in a city with a high crime rate but you act as if san fransisco and the bay area is rough.Oakland is but thats all.How the fuck do you know how dangerous KC is????I never said that i commit all the crimes in KC and no i dont live in the burbs.i live in the eastside of KC and i know for a fact you wouldnt come here and talk shit either.Who would go to somebody elses hood and talk shit????How can you claim that your city is rough when you only got one bad hood????

Oct 10, 2005
^^^

lol i never talked down on KC, i was born and partly raised in KC, kansas. There are much more hoods than one in the bay area, shit there is more than one in san francisco, you don't know a damn thing about the bay area if you think that oakland is the only hood. there is east palo alto the ex murder capital of the united states, hunters point(go rent straight outta hunters point, the documentary and tell me it ain't a hood. Richmond, cali's highest crime rated city and 11th in the united states, east oakland, those top the long list of hoods in the bay, not to mention that there are also a lot of very nice neighborhoods.

Nov 26, 2005
415via810 said:
^^^

lol i never talked down on KC, i was born and partly raised in KC, kansas. There are much more hoods than one in the bay area, shit there is more than one in san francisco, you don't know a damn thing about the bay area if you think that oakland is the only hood. there is east palo alto the ex murder capital of the united states, hunters point(go rent straight outta hunters point, the documentary and tell me it ain't a hood. Richmond, cali's highest crime rated city and 11th in the united states, east oakland, those top the long list of hoods in the bay, not to mention that there are also a lot of very nice neighborhoods.
damn if you were raised in KC then why dont you represent it????Why dont you have a 816/913 area code instead of 415/810???All I know is what i hear and see.Every rapper is wack besides too short,celly cell,spice 1,dru down,rappin 4 tay,Luni Coleone and killa tay.Most everybody is on mac dres dick.All the hoods ive seen on TV and that i saw on the hood 2 hood dvd and hear about aint shit but a bunch of motherfuckers acting for the camera.Out of all the hoods on the hood to hood dvd the bay area was the weakest.When you compare the bay area hoods to all the other hoods you'll see whos real and whos not..theres a big difference.I know theres a gang of mexicans and thats probably why its so fake.If there were more niggaz like in oakland it might be poppin'.The bay is pathetic...nuff said.They think that dancing in clubs is gangsta.Compton,sacramento,and LA make the bay look like a bunch of bitches when you compare the cities.Who gives a fuck about the crime rate?????That dont mean shit...

Status
Not open for further replies.