Spring Rolls

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
I was downtown at Yuk Yuk's Comedy Club yesterday night, great show, anyways, we ordered Crispy Spring Rolls, they came with a Sweet Chili sauce. Most amazing food I've ever had, the Club is in a Century Plaza Hotel that has a Restaurant/Lounge called "Beyond" tied to it and that's where the food comes from, anyways my question is, what are some good commercial brands of Spring Rolls? Frozen Spring Rolls or Fresh or whatever?

I need some new food for the house, so if anyone can list some brands that produce good ass crispy Spring Rolls that'd be great, thanks.

Dec 2, 2002
Yea spring rolls are hella good. I've always wanted to go to yuk yuk's man, I used to drive passed it alot when I lived in kits. See anyone funny?

wino

Sicc OG
Jan 4, 2004
what it thizz said:
i bought some from costco and they were disgusting
I've tried some from costco too, and they are amongst the worst... I won't fuck with frozen ones anymore at all. The only ones I really like are at the Vietnamese spots where they give you that oil shit to dip it in with the slivers of carrot in it. That shit is real good.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Toxsick said:
Yea spring rolls are hella good. I've always wanted to go to yuk yuk's man, I used to drive passed it alot when I lived in kits. See anyone funny?
Yuk Yuk's is fucking great. It's like an underground club, we came a little late but were lucky with timing, if you come a little late and don't get a reservation or buy your tickets early (first come first serve) then you have to wait to the side, because every show gets sold out quick, and if reservations don't show up, which happens a lot, you replace them and they give you a ticket. We got lucky the bouncer is a really really good guy, I think he's Native, name is Jay, has a crazy haircut. Hooked us up with VIP in the back, very comfortable seating. If you go, try to get VIP seating, order your tickets early, and make sure you order the Spring Rolls. The Sweet Chili dipping sauce they give with them is fucking amazing and they are the best Spring Rolls I've ever had. Just great great food. Popcorn is bomb too, $1.84 for a nice serving of popcorn. they got good highballs, Gin & Tonic's, etc. Jay ended up hooking us up with free drinks and food and shit, real real nice guy. Comedians were hilarious. Show lasted from 10:30 to about 12:45. Excellent environment, man it's a gem in Vancouver, perfect place to take your girl or go with buddies, family, whoever, it's always a good show, top notch shit, excellent comedy club, I can't say anything bad about it I had a great time. I'm going to be going a lot more.

Keep in touch homie! You still do beats?

Peace

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
I bought some fresh spring rolls earlier today, got lucky and found fresh ones, I also got frozen ones I'm going to try tomorrow, kind of 50/50 on them since I'm hearing such bad things about frozen ones.

Toxsick: http://www.yukyuks.com/location.aspx?LocationID=12

http://www.yukyuks.com/location.aspx?LocationID=12&PageID=11

The main attraction was Duane Goad, fucking hilarious guy, put on such a great show, we caught his last show. We had the first VIP spot right near the end aligned with the stage, where the waitresses come out and shit, and his picture was up on the wall by our table, a lot of funny funny big time comedians hit the club, it's top notch shit, if you go to Yuk Yuk's your going to see a good show period. Next cat is Cash Levy, not sure about him don't know much about him, he's performing from March 29 to 31st. Then on that same site they got April's listings of main attractions.

Peace

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
Tycoonin said:
^^^Ol school can control dope! I remember that issue. But Vietnamese spring rolls are the shit
man, i've been looking for that issue (as well as another one) literally for the past 12 years... so i was excited as hell when i won them on eBay last week...

those two issues remind me of when i first got into graffiti back in the 7th grade and shit....

::