Speed/Thrash Metal

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 9, 2003
My least favorite genre when it comes to Metal. I seriously only really liked Kreator and Running Wild. Name some bands and albums similiar to these two.

Jun 17, 2005
I don't think these sound too similar to Kreator or Running Wild (I never really got into them because I slept on them - shame on me), but here are some bands I've always liked:

Possessed
Dark Angel
Voivod (early)
Pestilence
Bloodfeast

May 1, 2007
^ Listen to reign in blood and seasons in the abyss, 2 of their early albums they're pure thrash/speed. After about 1990 slayer I'm not as in to them.

Dec 26, 2004
When I got Nto HipHop N Rap, I havent gotten on top of my metal. As for thrash N speed, thats what I like....
closest is The Haunted

All the bands are gettin old N the new ones suck these dayz for me.

Mar 19, 2007
yayarea92510408 said:
meshuggah is hardly thrash... polyrhythms give it a unique math metal brand. the best meshuggah is nothing & catch-33

I was refering specifically to their Contradictions Collapse album which (arguably) contains plenty of thrashy tracks, very similar to old school metallica... before they went full-blown on polyrhythms and annonymous time changes...

...I loved 'Nothing' and tha 'I' EP but 'Catch 33' didnt impress me at all.

May 15, 2002
Had to bring this thread back because I just found a band called Nocturnal Breed. It's very evil, aggressive thrash from Norway. Some of it kind of has a blackish feel to it (vocals can venture into black metal occasionally, for instance), but it's definitely thrash.

I got the album "Fields of Rot"

I think you might like this Syk0tic