Special Bullshit Service to Honor Golden Gate Bridge Suicides

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ike Turner

CDCR_#k775281
Jul 17, 2011
South San Jose
wtf are these bridge jumpers being remembered for taking the easy way out and killing themselves, and ending life prematurely ? statically speaking 1 person has just probably committed suicide by hanging himself right now, and by the time i'm done typing this shit, another person is about to put a gun in his mouth and pull the trigger, but these 2 people will not get any special anniversary service, just cause they didn't jump off the golden gate to f**king die. they don't qualify...oh well.

Harold Wobber, a World War I veteran, has the dubious distinction of being the first known person to have committed suicide by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge.

Wobber went to the iconic span to take his own life August 7, 1937 just 10 weeks after it officially opened to the public. Over the ensuing years at least another 1,557 people are known to have died jumping from the Golden Gate.

To mark the 75th anniversary of Wobber’s death, Congregation Sha’ar Zahav (which means "Golden Gate" in Hebrew) will honor the dead with a special ceremony next Tuesday night known as a Yizkor for the Fallen.

"I know there are people in the congregation who know people who have jumped from the bridge," said Rabbi Camille Shira Angel.

In Hebrew Yizkor means "may God remember," and the service involves the recitation of a memorial prayer for the departed. Jewish synagogues normally conduct the Yizkor ceremony four times a year, with the recitation of the names of deceased loved ones a way to publicly remember the blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah.....

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
a kid i went to high school with jumped off the bridge cuz some cunt turned him down as his date for prom...i cant believe someone would kill themselves over that...this dude has a full ride to Cal and everything

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
a kid i went to high school with jumped off the bridge cuz some cunt turned him down as his date for prom...i cant believe someone would kill themselves over that...this dude has a full ride to Cal and everything
Will,

Chances are that sounds like the straw that broke the camels back. I am sure dude had mental issues before he got dumped.

Filthy_Rich

My fit cost a rack
Oct 22, 2003
www.officialxraided.com
I'll be the only one to throw up a prop. I saw that on the news this morning. I thought the same thing. So many people commit suicide yet these are a special class because of how they did it. Like it's somehow more honorable or something. That's typical SF shit though.