Southwest-Connection

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002

Lots of reasons why I closed the site no particular one reason. Grim was good peoples and one of the first people i chopped it up with and got cool with in the early internet days. He had his own site where he reviewed CD's and when I decided to open southwest-connection.com he liked the idea and helped by providing alot of reviews he had already written.After the site intially opened he didnt really write too many reviews though. He got kind of tied up with real life and after that he was not into rap like he used to be. I talked to him a few years ago and he pretty much sold all of his CD collection. Not sure what he is up to these days but definetly good people. Website had a pretty good run from about 2001 to 2008 but I was getting kind of fed up with dealing with artists, producers, managers, and just people in the business in general.

I was helping alot of folks out linking people with each other, getting people to a higher tier and I would ask them for little things and they wouldnt come through like they said. Dont think people realize how much we did because you couldnt see everything behind the scenes. I learned alot doing the site from business standpoint of things and putting out some releases was good as well. We did a few projects with some labels, artists, some mixtapes, some compilations, etc. Some of the projects didnt even come out and i kind of got them in the vault for now.Also if you followed the site you noticed we had a bunch of design changes over the years and as the years moved on alot of things changed with the internet in general.Most sites have the intention of giving music away for free these days and everyone is just blogging these days. I dont think there is much intrest in a site for reviews because it seems like people just download everything they can these days.

More of a I have to have it to have it because i heard about it and its rare instead of a love for the music. Same thing for acquring music it all of a sudden became CD's were worth $$$$$ so people changed thier mindframe on trading and selling cds. To top it off people have to understand i did not have a ton of help with the website, it was only me and Jimbob for all them years. Believe it or not doing that site was like a full time job on top of a full time job. Bout 2008 i just closed the site up because I really was not giving the dedication to it like it should have. Didnt want to leave a site open that rarely every got updated. I took a year off and had the notion of getting back into the game somehow so I decided to start fresh with something new. I opened thanorthwest.com which is a site dedicated to artists in the region I stay in now. Same concept as southwest but dedicated to a region that does not really have many outlets but talent wise is very rich.

Important question is southwest-connection.com ever going to open back up? For now it is dead. I never liked the name it just grew so fast from being a hobby to what it eventually became i just stuck with the name and branded it best I could. I bought another domain name with the intention of bringing a site like southwest but have not opened it yet. I got a few people from the old days hollering wanting to work on the new site so we will see what happens.

Dec 25, 2003
I hope you bring it back one day homie. I loved the classics section, archives, reviews, the way you broke it down region by region. Dope as fuck!!! There's nothing else like it anywhere. Thanks for the info though man, appreciate it!!!