South Classics Since 2002

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2006
Street Military-Steel Gangstaz (Except dont fit in category, coz waz released 2001)
K-Rino-The Hittlist
K-Rino-Fear No Evil
Z-Ro-Life Of Joseph W. McVey
Trae-Losing Composure
Scarface-Balls And My Word
Gangsta Pat-Da Dro, (Best Since his Homicidal Lifestyles)
Gangsta Blac-Self Titled

Dec 17, 2005
ThaG said:
almost nothing was classic but I've heard some good albums like Lil Cali first one, Mac E - Da Nu Boi, a few Mississippi underground albums, Baby D's second one, Swat Team's albums and a few others

but the overall level wasn't that high
I actually like Lil Cali's second better than the first. Really good albums, but I wouldn't say either's a classic. But the albums I think can make a good case for being classics are:

Max Minelli - Max Pain, and maybe I'm All I Got
Z-Ro - Life of Joseph W. McVey
T.I. - Trap Muzik
6 Shot - The Actual Meaning (might have came out in 2001, but I'm not sure)
Lil Boosie - For My Thugz
Cee-Lo - Perfect Imperfections, Soul Machine
Nappy Roots - Watermelon, Chicken, and Gritz, if you consider them South
David Banner - Mississippi The Album

And Mr. Bigg - Only if U Knew is a personal classic, but I don't know how well it stands up musically against other classics. I thought that D.S.G.B. - Til' Death Do Us Part was a real tight album too....

Base4esteban said:
nothing comes to mind off the top of my head...if u know something post it in the requests because i doubt there's any classics 2002-2006.
I was hoping some of y'all would be able to name some, that's why I made this thread. I told someone NY hasn't really had more than 1 or 2 classics since The Blueprint, and he told me the same goes for the South and I couldn't really argue. :ermm: @ the quality of Hip Hop right now....

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Neither The Blueprint, nor anything that came after '96-97 in NYC was classic

but you are right, The South doesn't boast a lot of classics too as of lately

the main difference is that you can still find hard hitting albums that has no R&B or Kanye West influence coming out the South; the southern scene changed the least compared to the rest; and even if you don't get classics, there are solid albums that you can bump from start to finish, without skipping too many tracks; those that I posted are perfect examples; I didn't posted them saying they are classics, though, they are just southern albums that are good because they are true to the southern style; you know what I mean; I don't need much to be happy, just give me some hard beat and good flows and get the fuckin corny ass singing and Kanye West styled samples, that have become so popular recently, out of the music

this is actually the reason I hardly listen to anything new except for Southern rap; all the rest regions became too saturated with watered down bullshit both on mainstream and undergorund level

Slide

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2002
www.therealtechn9ne.com
Nobody said anything about 8Ball & MJG - Livin Legends? I thought that album was bangin hard from track #1-17.

Also second the Z-Ro - Joseph W. McVey and Trae - Same Thing Different Day (I personally liked it a little better than Losing Composure).

Aug 7, 2002
jl ur fuckin stupid...this dude thinks i download all music and thinks alll i have is burnt copies when i have bout 2 to 300 cd's that i bought..this dude is a str8 up fag and talks shit to me for no reason