Soundscan Sales

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
I THINK WHAT WE ALL FORGET IS THAT WE ARE MOVING TOO FAST WITH THIS BAY MOVEMENT... IF YOU LOOK AT THE EAST COAST, THE SOUTH, AND THE MIDWEST, THOSE ARTISTS HAVE THE FULL SUPPORT OF THE ENTIRE STATE THEY ARE FROM. L.A. IS JUST NOW STARTING TO ACCEPT THE HYPHY MOVEMENT. WHEN E 40 DROPPED, WE WERE STILL A DIVIDED STATE. THE BAY CANT CARRY THE WEIGHT OF THE ENTIRE STATE OF CALI. YOU GOTTA HAVE 100% SUPPORT FROM YOUR HOME TURF FOR YOUR MOVEMENT TO BE EFFECTIVE. I THINK IF 40 DROPPED NOW, HE WOULD SELL MORE UNITS BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO THIS MOVEMENT. THE HYPHY MOVEMENT WAS BRAND NEW TO EVERYONE AND TOO MUCH OF A SHOCK.....

Dec 25, 2003
doodiejones said:
YOU GOTTA HAVE 100% SUPPORT FROM YOUR HOME TURF FOR YOUR MOVEMENT TO BE EFFECTIVE.
You have to make good music.

40's new style and his latest efforts have been weak/mediocre.

At best, his new style/album is average.

Average/weak album + trying to throw 300 new slang words at people who will never use them in real life = failure.

Lil Jon = Crunk

Master P = Ughhh

E-40 = Dumb thizzin scraper stupid hyphy retarded stunner shade 18 dummy doors open my nigga!

If 40's music is not even great to begin with, (His old shit was 100 times better) why would anyone even care or wanna fuck wit all that bullshit he talkin bout? Especially when they don't even use those words in normal conversation?

It's like "Yo, Ima release a CD you could give a shit about, and at the same time ima teach you a way to talk and a new word for everything that you could give a shit about. Also, Ima tell you it's just like crunk. Exactly."

There is a reason 40 and the hyphy movement ain't sellin.

Music comes first, bullshit comes second.

If they ain't feelin your music, they won't fuck wit your bullshit.

May 13, 2002
It took Lil Wayne dam near a year to go Plat.. 40 will eventually do it to. We need more "Hyphy Artist" to sign and drop major label albums, then there will be more promotion, radio spins, videos and more attention which will equal more sales for everyone. Thats how the South did it. We get to enjoy all of this new music comming out of the Bay, but the whole Nation only gets to hear 40, and thats all they have to base the whole Hyphy Movement on.. Hopefully more Bay artist get signed before its too late.

Apr 25, 2002
Ever since 40s album came out Ive bought 10 copies total. I give out bay albums to my clients teenage kids when their bdays come around....