soundscan on frontline

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 13, 2005
I don't think these numbers are great considering how much radio play they get in the bay. I mean they signed with a mid-major for the re-release and did identical numbers (granted in a much shorter time) so at the end of the day whats the point. Mess and Keak definitily kill these sales with much less radio play.

Oct 19, 2004
They been gettin radio play on power 106 in LA also. Matter of fact the theme/background music for the Big Boy show is "Bang It".

Those numbers not great but they are respectable. 20,000 thou wow on soundscan and you can probably add a few more thousands from mom and pops, internet, and stores not registered wit soundscan. So all in all for they first release they did pretty coo. I think they'd do a lot better if they had commercials or radio broadcast outside the Bay promoting the album and lettin people know thats its in stores. Cuz I know people be listenin to power 106 and wonder what song that playin in the backgound but if yopu dont call in and ask you'd never know. In fact big bg boy and them be singin the hook sometimes when its playin so I know they be feelin it in LA.

Dec 2, 2003
17,000 sound scan in (basically) the Bay alone is damn good numbers. The album is a re-relese so it's basically the same album, plus this is a first album so if they do shit right there fan base will increse 10 fold. Like some body said not every store uses soundscan so if you add on all the mom and pops, internet, ect...they probally did atleast 20,000+. For this reigion those are real respectable numbers. I am happy to see they did that especially in the bay (check soundscan and you'll see what I mean).

Apr 13, 2005
Contrary to what i used to think and a lot of people still think, Soundscan does count some mom and pop stores. One thing I peeped the bay thats hella weak is the mom and pop stores are damn near dead compared to 5 maybe 10 years ago. Jones and harris and frisco street show and moses are the only true mom and pops i still even know about in the bay