Sound Modules or Keyboards???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 12, 2002
I want to see everyones point of view on this.

Would you prefer havin one keyboard, with a gang of rack module units (ie; Triton Rack, Kurzweil 2600 Rack, etc...) or would you rather have a gang of keyboards lined up?

Me, I'd rather have a Rack Units stocked up for a couple reasons. 1. Takes up less space than keyboards.
2. These Rack modules are damn near the same as the actual keyboards, and maybe even better.

How's yall set up like?

G-3

Jul 16, 2002
I prefer the setup with one good keyboard controller, and a gang of racks. Outside of saving space... the modules usually cost less because you are stripping away the keys (and sequencing functionality if you've got a workstation). Also, some racks have more expansion options than their keyboard counterparts. A perfect example is the Triton rack which can take 8 cards, as opposed to 2 on the keyboard. It's similar with the Rolands (JV/XP/XV, etc.).

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
this is a hard one for me. you can actually do more with workstations. not to many rack modules have arpeggiators.

but.......for the reasons that have been stated previously i would have to go with modules BUT have TWO to FOUR keyboard workstations.

so basically i would mix em up.

:H: