soulja boob gives shout out to slave masters

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 18, 2006
what a fuckin piece of garbage....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/no ... oy-slavery

He may well inspire a dance that's worth 40m YouTube hits, but that doesn't mean Soulja Boy Tell 'Em is an expert in race relations. At BET's Hip-Hop Awards wrap event last week, the 18-year-old Atlanta rapper shocked the crowd by coming out in favour of slavery.

The shock statement came when BET correspondent and former Rolling Stone contributor, Touré, asked various stars which historical figure they most hated. After Soulja Boy failed to give a response, Touré tried to prompt him, saying "Others have said Hitler, bin Laden, the slave masters ... " at which point Soulja Boy said: "Oh wait! Hold up! Shout out to the slave masters! Without them we'd still be in Africa. We wouldn't be here to get this ice and tattoos."

The stars were answering questions based on the Proust Questionnaire, a series of questions popularised by French writer Marcel Proust. An adapted version appears regularly in Vanity Fair magazine.

"I thought [the Proust Questionnaire] would be a way to get beyond image and into who they really are," wrote Touré on his Daily Beast blog. "Most of the guys gave good, thoughtful, intelligent, sensitive answers."

The rapper's fans have claimed Soulja Boy's youth as an excuse, although many bloggers have been more critical. As 4 Cryin Out Loud asks, "How old was Ice Cube when he first emerged and was writing rhymes for Eazy - like 16?"

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
soldja boy is doing and saying things for attention because thats what young kids do

similarly, this thread has been made 4 times

soldja boy thanks you for the promotion and will now spend whatever hits he got on youtube due to this to buy a new car....yah bitch yah!

no but seriously niggas is stupid

hes playing the net like a fiddle and people are dumb enough to buy into it because he can keep his mouth shut and collect cash

like seriously due to that comment like hundreds of thousands of people probably went to his youtube page which apparently he gets paid if you view or comment

so lets pose a question

if you could make a few racks by making a ignorant comment

would you?

like if you could buy a car based on a comment
would you say shout out to the slavemasters right now?

i would
its called trolling

except soldja boy makes money off of it and people on the internet at msg boards saying stupid shit for attn dont

hurts huh

Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
Who gives a fuck?

Obviously Africans would have eventually came to America, but he does kinda have a point.. He never said he was a fan of slavery. People just want something to bitch and cry about... Shut the fuck up.

Oct 10, 2004
www.siccness.com
if you dont like soulja boy i dont see why you just cant ignore him. all youre doing is helping soulja boy get more publicity, i mean seriously.. are you that suprised that he would say something like that. i dont like his music but it doesnt mean im going to try to make other people feel the way i do about him. you know?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
if you dont like soulja boy i dont see why you just cant ignore him. all youre doing is helping soulja boy get more publicity, i mean seriously.. are you that suprised that he would say something like that. i dont like his music but it doesnt mean im going to try to make other people feel the way i do about him. you know?
exactly