Something that irritates me

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 5, 2003
I was at the cd store and seen Mos Def release a cd that has no inserts, no cover, no back. That's some bullshit!! I buy cds with my own hard earned cash - put some work into the cover! Put some time into the inserts! GIve people that did work on your album props! If all i'm getting is a cd I'd rather just burn it. I like to buy the Originals, I don't like to burn a cd unless it's not available, but what's the difference if you're not going to put any work into the package? Why don't artist put work into the inserts, covers, and backing anymore?

Aug 5, 2003
No, I want the total package. I want artist to turn out an album that is tight and put together a little something to look at. It ain't that hard. You know, let me know who produced certain tracks, who's featured on a song, keep me posted on up coming releases and shit like that. Artist use to do it. Just don't be so fuckin cheap about it. For instance Tech N9ne's new album was tight and he managed to put together an insert with info and something to look at.

Feb 17, 2006
i feel that the cover, insides, and overall look of the album are underrated...artists who put out good music should also have some pride in what they're putting out. i could understand maybe if it was an artist with very little money and just getting started, but mos def should have something to look at once you open up the CD

Aug 5, 2003
the.know.how said:
i feel that the cover, insides, and overall look of the album are underrated...artists who put out good music should also have some pride in what they're putting out. i could understand maybe if it was an artist with very little money and just getting started, but mos def should have something to look at once you open up the CD
Artist that are just getting starting and have very little money are the only ones that really have an excuse.