something interesting

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 17, 2002
Kazaa owner gets OK to sue record labels

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A U.S. federal court has cleared the way for Kazaa file-sharing software owner Sharman Networks to sue the entertainment industry for copyright infringement, Sharman said on Friday.

Sharman, targeted by studios and record companies because its software is used to trade music and video files, has sought to turn the tables on the industry, accusing it of misusing Kazaa software to invade users' privacy and send corrupt files and threatening messages.

Studios and record companies had asked the court to throw out Sharman's countersuit, but U.S. District Judge Stephen Wilson in Los Angeles declined to do so.

Sharman, headquartered on the island nation of Vanuatu in the South Pacific, said it would pursue the case.

A spokesman for the Recording Industry Association of America said that "the court does not appear to want these claims to proceed at this point. If they ever proceed, Sharman will have a very difficult time providing evidence to support their allegations."

Nov 2, 2003
::"12 BUCKS FOR ONE BANGIN CUT?"::

Ha thats bullshit! hope the kazaa owner gets what he wants outa the suit...big slap in the face to the industry in my opinion...a good one at that...they, speaking about the record industry, in my opinion, have been using kazaa illegally to send viruses/and or threats...It also seems as if any song you download now has a weired ass noise about 30 sec into the song that bugs the shit outa ya and hurts your ears! I dunno I have so many sides to this but like my man DJ RPM says and I quote:

"YO I PAY FOR DRE, I PAY FOR TIM//
I PAY FOR QUICK, KELLY, ROCAFELLA AND EM//
BUT OTHER THAN THAT MY CD RACK IS SLIM//
IM BOUT TO HIT UP MY GOOD FRIEND KAZAA AGAIN//
CUZ I WOULDNT PAY A STRIPPER WITH A HANGIN GUT//
SO WHY SHOULD I PAY 12 BUCKS FOR ONE BANGIN CUT//"

Apr 25, 2002
on the real. if a CD has multiple good songs on it ill swoop, but if i only dig a few songs, then fuck you, im keepin my money. hit me up and ill give you $2 for the 2 good songs you got

Apr 14, 2003
Re: ::"12 BUCKS FOR ONE BANGIN CUT?"::

Blaise said:
Ha thats bullshit! hope the kazaa owner gets what he wants outa the suit...big slap in the face to the industry in my opinion...a good one at that...they, speaking about the record industry, in my opinion, have been using kazaa illegally to send viruses/and or threats...It also seems as if any song you download now has a weired ass noise about 30 sec into the song that bugs the shit outa ya and hurts your ears! I dunno I have so many sides to this but like my man DJ RPM says and I quote:

"YO I PAY FOR DRE, I PAY FOR TIM//
I PAY FOR QUICK, KELLY, ROCAFELLA AND EM//
BUT OTHER THAN THAT MY CD RACK IS SLIM//
IM BOUT TO HIT UP MY GOOD FRIEND KAZAA AGAIN//
CUZ I WOULDNT PAY A STRIPPER WITH A HANGIN GUT//
SO WHY SHOULD I PAY 12 BUCKS FOR ONE BANGIN CUT//"
spelled "Quik" wrong elderly mufucka.
but that is some dope ass linez, and the streight up truth.