Some pics i took

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 23, 2006
whats up guys, i just got a nikon d60....

im really happy with it so far but i was just wondering what i could do to make my pictures pop....

i like the pics but im thinking that its the editing that makes the picture pop...im not really sure...could you guys help me out....thanks, heres 4 pictures i took today...

Jan 5, 2006
you dont really need to mess with editing..

you just need to learn some equivalent exposures..

are you familiar with the camera somewhat like the dial and controls?

also rule of thumb.. usually use like 100-200 ISO when theres not alot of light and higher ISO like 400 and up when theres light/daytime.. like for night shots i use 200 ISO, and a slower shutter speed and like f/ 5.6 or f/ 8 so the picture can be a little better exposed.

Dec 23, 2006
ummmmm im kind of familiar, i wouldnt be able to tell you which setting would be better for a certain situation...

and i was just trying to mess with the shutter speed right now and it stays at f4...im on P...idk if thats why its not changing....

Jan 5, 2006
ummmmm im kind of familiar, i wouldnt be able to tell you which setting would be better for a certain situation...

and i was just trying to mess with the shutter speed right now and it stays at f4...im on P...idk if thats why its not changing....
P means programmed so you dont really control anything, A is aperture.. on A you control the aperture but the shutter speed that is recommended with that F number the camera automatically chooses it, on S its for Shutter, its the opposite of A, you choose the shutter speed but the aperture is set for you (f number) and M is manual.. you control everything, the aperture, shutter speed, and you can even choose manual focus.

Jan 5, 2006
you'd use the A priority (aperture) and then fuck with the F number. Are you talking about depth of field? where everything else is blurred but the smoke is in focus?

Dec 23, 2006
cant figure out how to make the camera work for me at night...it sometimes doesnt want to take pictures.... what can i do to get a better picture? get a tripod?