Some Car Audio Questions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 8, 2003
www.pimpicity.com
What up guys... I'm lookin for some info/links for some car audio shit. I'm looking for sub enclosures tailored to the PT Cruiser. Also, does anyone have any recommended sub/amp combinations? I'm looking for response over speed. I want it to hit hard. I think I had a couple more questions, but I'll ask them as I remember... Thanks in advance.

Peace.

Aug 4, 2002
Damn near any kind of sub will sound good if it has a good amp and the right size box. That doesn't mean go to your local Wal Mart and buy Road Gear. I got 2 12" Infinity Reference and a MTX amp and it bumps alright for now until I get a bigger amp.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
^^^^^^I got all my new shit from cmttrading on ebay though. I been to there site also but there prices on ebay were better. I got the audiobahn 1200Q 12 in subs and a 2200 watt D class amp and a 1.5 farad cap from them. Hella good to deal with for shipping. very fast and reliable. oh and MR SKRILLA im sorry homie nothing personal but your (M)ade (T)oo (X)plode amp sucks ass but i know you said its temporary but get rid of that ASAP.

Jun 23, 2002
audio bahn hitz hard...you get what you pay for most of the time..I paid $550 for my 2300 audio bahn amp...had a 1000d crossfire amp and it blew twice....that audio bahn sound like 3 times louder....

Sep 23, 2002
a crossfire is cooh, but you might be better off gettin' a memphis amp.

an all eclipse system might work, or JL Audio. it all depends on what ur interested in the most. sound quality or power. or both.

May 11, 2002
^^^^

The magnents are a important part of a sub but Id rather have a quality sub that sounds good rather than just gets loud...Audiobahn get very loud but you compare it to something that gets loud and sounds good like a XXX or brahma and your in a whole new world...

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
^^^True I am more into the deep bass though homie. I like knowing im better than the next person. Sound is a good factor too these subs sound cherry. I have a remote subwoofer control under my cd deck which allows me to turn the sub gain up or down. So if my lady is in the car i usully turn it down and it sounds just fine. plus lol i think its kinda funny SNEAK and me always on any audio posts on this forum or any for that matter heheh. Sneak ya know your shit homie.

May 2, 2002
Audiobahn's are cool cause they're loud and relatively cheap, but the SQ isn't that great.

I would get them if I was on a budget.

If money wasn't an issue there is WAY better out there.

Jan 8, 2003
www.pimpicity.com
Hey thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, money will be a bit of an issue, but I won't mind spending more than I should for good car audio. Music is so much to me and I like it to sound a certain way. Like I said, for now, I'm more interested in a hard hit, so that Audiobahn looks good (from what you're all saying). Any more input?

May 11, 2002
^^^

Make sure you get enough wattage to push the audiobahn and go with a ported box. If you go with a ported box make sure you port it to the correct settings, it should say on their website. Make sure the amp has a subsonic filter if go to port route also.. If your going to get a 600+ watt amp get a 4 guage wire kit

May 11, 2002
Sneak said:
^^^

Make sure you get enough wattage to push the audiobahn and go with a ported box. If you go with a ported box make sure you port it to the correct settings, it should say on their website. Make sure the amp has a subsonic filter if go to port route also.. If your going to get a 600+ watt amp get a 4 guage wire kit , over 1000 watt get 0 guage

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
^^^Audiobahn speakers are not ment for a ported box. they sound best in an enclosed box. Every person I have seen with them have a enclosed box. The audiobahn people told me this also when i called to ask them for sure on the phone.

Sep 12, 2002
a homie you want car audio? fuck with these sites:

www.thezeb.com - good site with tons of deals and free shipping if ur order is over 99 dollars.

www.ikesound.com - i bought my shit from there good site, good shit.

www.edesignaudio.com - good subs/amps for all price ranges.

www.knukonceptz.com - got my wiring there

and if ur trying to get some good subs fuck with:

JL Audio W6v2's or 1 W7 will be dumb slappin
Kicker L7's (the square woofers they slap super hard)
Rockford Fosgate Punch POWER HX2 (1000 watts RMS)
Audiobahn they have bad shit, and they have good shit
E12A or E15A (elemental designs)
Eclipse

etc...