SOCOM 4 announced for PS3, Zipper developing

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2002

Hot off the release of MAG, Sony has revealed that the game's developer, Zipper Interactive, will be returning to the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs franchise for the development of SOCOM 4 on PS3, slated for release this fall.

Unlike the Slant 6-developed, online-only SOCOM: Confrontation and Zipper's own MAG, this new SOCOM will include a full story-driven, single-player campaign comprised of 14 missions that the dev expects to offer around 12 hours of gameplay (according to IGN). Of course, the developer's experience on the excellent 256-player MAG will undoubtedly be carrying over (in as many ways as possible) to the announced 32-player online component of its new project. Only 32 players? (We kid.)

Oct 9, 2008
Took me like a fuckin hour to download this last night! By the time it finished i was hammered...lol graphics is cool, didn't really understand what i was supposed to be doing? Spawn camping was horrible tho and seemed like i had no health...might give it a go again a lil later.. Controls are confusing as fuck too.. i thought this was gonna be a fps, defenitly a learning curve!

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
The graphics are really good in this game. I'm not used to some of the controls though. Took me a while to figure out how to throw a grenade. I tried holding R1 to cook it instead of tapping R1. And it seems like my team always loses in that sector gametype. Not gonna play that anymore.

Jan 18, 2006
This game is fucken dope. Graphics are sick and the gameplay is the smoothest online gameplay ive played besides Call of Duty. Its basically like a 3rd person Call of Duty cuz the controls are almost the same

Dec 4, 2006
This game is fucken dope. Graphics are sick and the gameplay is the smoothest online gameplay ive played besides Call of Duty. Its basically like a 3rd person Call of Duty cuz the controls are almost the same
my exact thoughts! I love 3rd person in MW2....

Graphics are good...I'm copping this game without a doubt!

Dec 4, 2006
Last night I played for a good 3 hours....this game is so fucking awesome!

I don't like how you change your weapons tho...that shit needs to be fixed...