So who has The gas station?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 11, 2006
i can understand giving the mix tape away for free. But at the same time dude has to eat. I mean if you do construction do you redo a bathroom for free? Just to give your customer something? No you gottah eat so you make money. Music is a job to some people, They dont have another source of income. I know if my job stopped paying me, I wouldn't show up no matter how much I like to work there. I need to eat.

Its dope that CWAY gives out free mixtapes.. Look at Smigg Dirtee and all the on like shit joints and 21 jump street. Its a great way to market yourself. The fact that they give out albums makes me wanna cop their shit (especially when money is tight like now)

But I can't front, I grew up on Lynch. Walking to my funeral, Season of the Siccness, Loaded, EBK4 (ehhh), Blocc Movement.. Im gunnah buy his mixtape. I respect his hustle and the fact he has to eat. I hope one day everyone is well off so they can work for free and not just to eat.

I think all the artists on here agree. Its a job. Yeah you love your fans but at the end of the day you and your fam need to eat. My life doesn't stop an go by Lynch releasing music. But at the end of the day when I slap some Lynch it takes me back. And to me thats worth the $14 (or whatever it is)

Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
I paid for mine too homie. I support. But I feel what CNI is saying more cause look at the cats that bought Coat Hanger Strangler and got nothing. I didn't pre-order then but I got plenty of homiez that did. Like the homie Codeine. He got nothing not his money bacc or anything he should get his for free and everyone that pre-ordered Coat Hanger Strangler.

Aug 11, 2006
I paid for mine too homie. I support. But I feel what CNI is saying more cause look at the cats that bought Coat Hanger Strangler and got nothing. I didn't pre-order then but I got plenty of homiez that did. Like the homie Codeine. He got nothing not his money bacc or anything he should get his for free and everyone that pre-ordered Coat Hanger Strangler.
That I can agree with. CNI speaks the truth and the mixtape was dope. I just can't work for free.. So I can't expect anyone else to either. Gettin over on people isn't cool either tho it comes back to haunt you.

If your fans don't buy your music.. who will. I can see both sides.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
I think it would be a good look for Lynch to drop this mixtape free for one purpose....to try and bring bacc some of tha fans that he's lost over tha past couple years.....If this dude drops this heated ass mixtape folx are gonna get amped up to buy this new album and thats even more money in his poccets than he could get from sellin this mixtape......regardless i will prolly buy this but i definately believe its more beneficial to him in tha long run to at least give his fans something free.....cuz word of mouth is a mutha fucca......

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
i can understand giving the mix tape away for free. But at the same time dude has to eat. I mean if you do construction do you redo a bathroom for free? Just to give your customer something? No you gottah eat so you make money. Music is a job to some people, They dont have another source of income. I know if my job stopped paying me, I wouldn't show up no matter how much I like to work there. I need to eat.

Its a great way to market yourself. The fact that they give out albums makes me wanna cop their shit (especially when money is tight like now)

The point I was making is pretty simple. I`m not saying dude has to give away a remodeled bathroom. This mixtape is nothing close to that. This mixtape should be seen like the stand in the grocery store handing out free food samples. They give away food in order to get you to buy the product. The product that is being pushed to buy is DAAM. At least that is what it should be.

Like I said, the deal with Tech is done. The financials should be there now, otherwise I don`t see Lynch signing. So what`s the excuse now? It can`t be behind bread. And seriously, what would be a better way to regain your buzz and hype behind your actual album than to drop a free mixtape to say, "Im baaaaaaack! This is what I`ve been saying I`ve been waiting for all these years. And now that the deal is done, here`s something to show my appreciation for waiting."

That would be the honorable thing to do, an the best way to win back fans. Too many bad, no, excuse me, horrible business moves on Madesicc`s part over the years while fans waited. At some point you have to address those and try to make it right, or lose those all together an carry that bad word of mouth. Not something I`d be willing to compromise, but that`s me.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
^^^ I feel that. I think it should be free for download and 5 bucks for fans who want an actual CD with artwork, cause Lynch has still alotta fans who collect everything he is on...

Oct 11, 2002
Most people that drop free mixtapes use them to spread or build up their fanbase most of the time. Lynch is already hella known so for him to drop a free mixtape is actually a courtesy. Plus with so many niggas on here actin like he's Rap Jesus he prolly like shit why not charge. Now Lynch is kinda a different case because his fans feel like he has let them down alot. So for him a free mixtape should be a given. But ego and pockets are gonna tell him to charge you niggas since yall SO willing to spend.

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
Dear Lynch Fans,

I see you got your release date for the release date. I just want you to know that I'm still here for you. I just hate to see you in a bad situation. If he refuses to care for your needs, I will. BTW....I LOVE YOU

Sincerely,

Capt. Save a Fan aka Hustlematic

BBWWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
lol..

Most people that drop free mixtapes use them to spread or build up their fanbase most of the time. Lynch is already hella known so for him to drop a free mixtape is actually a courtesy. Plus with so many niggas on here actin like he's Rap Jesus he prolly like shit why not charge. Now Lynch is kinda a different case because his fans feel like he has let them down alot. So for him a free mixtape should be a given. But ego and pockets are gonna tell him to charge you niggas since yall SO willing to spend.
Not for a mixtape..