so...no promo materials for MLK?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 31, 2005
cd is set to release in 2 weeks and i havent heard a word from anyone here about promo materials

just wondering if strange decided not to do a lot of promotion on this album or something

Sep 17, 2003
GXfromKy said:
cd is set to release in 2 weeks and i havent heard a word from anyone here about promo materials

just wondering if strange decided not to do a lot of promotion on this album or something

Strange decided to just have the sampler online. According to Travis, they did it this way because they figured they can "reach a wider audience."

Now if you ask me, that sounds like smoke and mirrors for the real reason.... (Fictional & sarcastic quote) "Well, this is a Tech N9ne album, but it's not like a really HUGE release like AP or Everready. We should save the money on promo and save/spend it on something else."

It's like they went halfway between what they did for Everready and Vintage Tech... Full Promo vs. No Promo. Like a compromise, if you will. :cheeky:

Feb 9, 2006
They have a commercial they are runnin on MTV2... saw it last night

But yeah like Soul said, more than likely they wanted to just push it online and have us spread the word as much as possible and push it at shows, save the real promo money for sumthin else down the line...

Nov 7, 2006
get a printer and print up flyers. i did that for the FYE i work for and when i get a kid buyin anything close to rap i just throw it in there bag for the fuck of it. i actually got a few ppl to reserve it to so i'm doin my share without them printin up promos themselves

Sep 17, 2003
KrazeeRDM said:
get a printer and print up flyers.

Figure out a way to print some off, without using your own paper and ink. Paper ain't shit to me, but my ink cartridges are expensive as shit! If you can print some off without it costing yourself a bunch of money, then I say go for it.

Almost forgot.... is there a flyer out there for the album? I'm sure there is, but if someone can post a link, that would also be cool. Or, if someone already has posted it, point me to that thread. Please. :cool: