So Fox is bringing Futurama back, but . . .

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
So I guess because the re-runs have done so well, and the DVD movies have done so well, and Family Guy coming back has done so well, they are going to bring Furutrama back. But . . .

==========================================================

http://www.forcesofgeek.com/2009/07/is-fox-planning-to-recast-futurama.html
Friday, July 17, 2009
Is FOX Planning to Recast FUTURAMA?

As excited as I was about the return of Futurama, FOX has once again ruined that experience by their callous actions. According to no less than cast members John DiMaggio, Phil LaMarr, and Maurice LaMarche on their Facebook pages, a casting notice has gone out to replace actors DiMaggio, LaMarche, Billy West and Katy Sagal.

Personally, I'm betting that FOX doesn't want to pay for these talented folk and would much rather cast "sound-alikes" at a much lower rate. A similar incident happened on Matt Groening's other series, The Simpsons, which resulted in a hefty raise for the voice actors.

Nevertheless, any attempt to recast these talented folks should be the first indicator that the new season is poorly executed and just a cheap attempt to push out product.

Read the full call sheet after the jump and if you want, send Casting Director an email telling him how much you enjoy the recasting idea by clicking HERE.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
without the original cast it will probably suck. the simpsons aren't funny anyone, Matt Groening need to either bring back futureama the right way or come up with a new idea for a show

Apr 25, 2002
'Futurama' fans (mostly) have reason to rejoice!
by Margaret Lyons
http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/08/03/futurama-voice-cast-returning-katey-sagal/

Rejoice, Futurama fans! News arrived on Friday that the voice cast of the beloved series will be returning after all. Billy West, Katey Sagal, John DiMaggio, Maurice LaMarche, and Tress MacNeil have all signed deals with 20th Century Fox TV to provide the voices for the crew of the Planet Express Ship.

When the call went out for new voice actors last month, most Futurama fans were a nasty combination of bummed out and irate; the show has had such a rocky history that some kind of disappointment almost seemed inevitable. It hasn’t always been easy being a Futurama fan, and this just looked like the latest bait-and-switch.

And we might not be totally out of the woods yet. According to Variety, “Twentieth and Comedy Central have been kicking around ways to make Futurama, originally produced for a broadcast network (Fox), make financial sense for a cable run. … Other costs that were slashed in the process led to a smaller writing staff and a shorter delivery schedule.” The deal between Comedy Central and Fox also gives Fox a “broadcast window” to air episodes before they head to cable, which…well, as someone who watched Futurama on Fox the first time, I don’t think is such a great idea unless you love shows that are on at different times every week.

New episodes are a mere year away!