Snap Music: Hate it or Love it?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2005
Wussup wid that snap music d4l and dem franchize boyz be gettin airplay on the radio wid??? Fuck that shit, forreal tho, what iz it about leanin n rockin wid it? U guys see that lean wit it rock wit it video wid them cats in red doin that shit??? i wonder wut a snap music battle would look like. hyphy heads will shit on em yadida?!?!! anyways, all i can say is that shit's bootsie, i ain't feelin it, n the radio needs to stop playin that garbage. the world needs more hyphy exposure, not snap music

Jan 14, 2006
i actually think that lean wit dance is pretty pimp shit. it was something different and refreshing. ppl at the clubs be bendin back and snappin they fingers to em with me. but i think it wont last long. after D4L released their second song "Betcha Cant Do it Like Me" that has nearly the same beat as Laffy Taffy it got old for me quick.

kle

Sicc OG
Nov 22, 2005
Yeah the beats do get boring and when they play it in the club you can only lean snap rock snap for so long before you give up on it. Nothing to hate about it though. The girl wit the creme sweater in the leanwitit rockwitit video got some big ass knockers though. I watch it for that.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
actually DFB ain't that bad, they have some thigt crunk tracks on their album and what I really admire, they don't have soft tracks on it which is a coo thing, I'm sick of wack ass Britney Spears hooks in hip-hop, snap is 100 times better than all the Neptunes/Timbaland/G-Unit bullshit that dominated the airwaves for the last few years

D4L is orrible though, they have only one good track on their wole album - Betch Can't Do It like me, the rest is crap

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
MOREBASS said:
It gets the ladys movin in the clubs. Just like it was meant to do.

I'm not complaining...

I feel this way too..
Only problem I got..is these dudes really cant rap..

I would like the shit better if it was just a beat and a hook..

no "raps"

also...these dudes shouldnt come off as "thugs"..
cause they clearly arent..

Aug 17, 2004
JLMACN said:
I feel this way too..
Only problem I got..is these dudes really cant rap..

I would like the shit better if it was just a beat and a hook..

no "raps"

also...these dudes shouldnt come off as "thugs"..
cause they clearly arent..

Yea like the fat dude from DFB with the glasses :/. He tries way to hard in his videos to look tough lol and his raps are fucking boo boo.

Feb 9, 2006
It's bullshit music that should have never been started, production is lame and lazy, and the ryhmes is the same..thats whats fucking up the industry! B.E.T. done ran that shit in the ground so much I just stop watching the shit!

Jul 6, 2002
Fist and foremost, "snapping" or leanin/w it started in the A as a dance called "doin it." Basically, it was a dance for the g's who got in the club w/their pistols to do. They cant jig too hard, so all they could do is lean wit it and rock wit it -- ya feel? NOW it's all comercialized and groups from the A are taking snippets from other groups and biting hard. For example, TI & Dro got shoulder lean, Lil John got Snap ya Fingas, DFB & Ben Hill Squad (Originally came out with the first "lean w/it," and "doin it" song (do your dance on that hoe), and D4L with betcha cant. All these songs are 2 years or older (save for lil Jon and TI) D4L's Laffy Taffy & Betcha cant do it like me songs I haerd back in late '04 along with DFB, it's only just now catching on across the nation as a whole with TV exposure from their videos.
So there's the scoop on that from a repitable playa living in Bama on that tip, so can one of you westcoast nuccaz enlighten me on wtf a hyphy is? And there's a dance for it too????