slept on: The Mighty Quinn

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
now, while this aint on Done Deal, this album is seriously slumpin...I hadnt liztened to it in a while, and I found it and liztened to it, and now itz all i've been liztenin to for tha past few weekz...i think itz hella underrated and ahead of itz time. its got hella tyte flowz and beatz. anyone else feelin me?

D

Downunda-Connec

The album is tight. Read alot of places people thought this was his mainstream album, so they dont rate it as highly as they do the other Quinn albums. I think there are a few real knockers on there. Love the Mr T sample on the opening track, but it is more club bouncyish than his rawer shit.

Apr 25, 2002
That shit is definitely knockin. I think I might like it better than Hustle Continues. Theres a lot of tracks on there people dont pay attention to you "Slumps," and "I Love this Game"

Feb 19, 2003
Yup--that CD is WAY slept-on...I wasn't crazy about "Get A Little Stoopid", but all the other songs are decent-to-dope-to-classic, IMHO! I think that it was mainly the PRODUCTION that threw people off (myself included) when THE MIGHTY QUINN first came out. The production's a bit more mainstream-sounding than his Get Low (and Done Deal) stuff, but it's still VERY dope, and Quinn was lyrically as good as he's always been. "Mainstream-sounding" doesn't necessarily mean "wack," and that's the case here.

"Q-2020", "Give It Up", "Bound To Ball", "Cuddlin' Ain't Hustlin'", "What I Need", "Reach For The Stars", "I Love This Game", "Born In The Ghetto" and "First 2 Speak" are my favorites. If Quinn continues to do CDs of this quality (or better) the rest of his career, I'll (as a fan) be happy. PEACE!

Apr 25, 2002
yeah tracks like "Q-2820",Bound 2 Ball" & the best track on that cd "Slumps" is all classic san quinn.Still a tight cd but not the best quinn cd

Sep 11, 2002
Yep...this album was knoccin,my favorite track is "i love this game" and PSD came hella tight in this shit...Now that's right the production was a little bit mainstream but Quinndo has definitly proved he could rap on any type of beat...

May 10, 2002
THIS ALBUM IS WACK SORRY. QUINN IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE RAPPERS BUT THIS IS BY FAR THE SORRYEST SHIT IVE EVER HEARD FROM QUINN AND IVE HEARD DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING HES EVER BEEN ON.

THERES ONLY ONE TRACK I EVEN LIKE, ITS THAT ONE WITH A BROAD ON THE CHORUS SAYING SOMETHING LIKE "MY DOGS MIGHT PLAYA HATE BUT IM WILLING TO GIVE YOU A CHANCE".

Apr 26, 2002
www.streetcredmg.com
I agree i didnt like Get a Lil Stupid, but i liked the rest of this album was it Quinn's Best Work NO, (He hasnt made his best record yet! I think the production could have been a lil better but Quinn still spit on the mighty Quinn on Q2020 he was talking about being in war with Sadaam the album was way ahead of its time

D

Downunda-Connec

"He hasnt made his best record yet". Done Deal CEO, hows the new Quinn album coming along. Last I read, you had about 45 tracks done and were waiting for something, cant remember what. I need to hear some new Quinn. Whats happening with the solo.

Apr 25, 2002
I disagree

QUINN attempt at a mainstream album flopped. He sounds way better when he is just straight spittin on tracks like "SLUMP" & "GIVE IT UP" & "BORN IN THE GHETTO" (might be my favorite). But he did the JAY Z and started what I call "talk rapping" and it wasn't tight. I got more amped about QUINN after hearing the donedeal mixtape so that's what I'm looking forward to hearing. QUINN WILL HOOK UP WITH A MAJOR PRODUCER. Mark my words!!!

Apr 25, 2002
yea I agree that some of the tracks were a little soft/radio sounding I think when Quinn made that album he was lacking real direction it sounded like he was making what he thought people wanted to hear on some tracks and not what he was feelin but he showed he had the right idea with some of them especially Q2020. I think for Quinn to blow he needs to use that Q2020 charisma Quinn is a battle cat his raps are hard and he needs to spit them hard and showcase Quinn instead of a radio track with some hot beats. I mean could you imagine an album with 15 tracks that sounded like Q2020 Quinn would be hotter than 50 Cent!

Mar 15, 2004
It wasnt like all his other shit,but i liked it as an over all album.I liked what he was tryin to do and the fact that he touched on other grounds of the game. speakin on different thangs other than blood,guts,and glory. u gotta keep in mind,quinn iz a SMART THUG, u cant hate him for expandin his mentality. Thats like hating on Tupac fo his positive shit that he done. Its about keepin a balance.

seten the tibetan AKA asian repreZENtation. ONE!!