Skatterman/Snug Brim - Perseverance/Future Projects

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 29, 2009
February 9, 20009 KANSAS CITY, MO—Skatterman and Snug Brim are released from the Strange Music label. The duo formed a new label Bigg Shot Music & Films with Stacy Dewayne Landis (Skatterman) as President and C.E.O. and Aaron R. Henderson (Snug Brim) as the creative A&R (Artist and Repitoire) director.

On the 23rd of February, a press release via myspace details the new ventures of the group stating that their third album will tentatively release as Perseverance on September 1st, 2009. This is made possible through the acquision of a distribution deal through RYKO/Warner Brothers as part of a two album contract.

April 17, 2009, the duo release mixtape This Is Kansas City! Vol. 1 for free distribution via ReverbNation (Available for Download Here). The album makes several allusions to the upcoming release of Perseverance citing September 1st once again as the day to expect thier third LP.

On July 16, 2009, Mr. Landis releases information regarding the direction of their Bigg Shot label via myspace press release and details the new distribution deal made with RYKO/Warner Brothers/Deep Distribution Worldwide with a two album release contract. The press release makes no mention of the tentative third album's release and instead highlights new information on two solo projects expected to be released before 2011.

In the July press release, Landis reveals that during the recording and release of his solo projects, Mr. Henderson (Snug Brim) will be working towards a 15 month certification in Music Marketing.

Releasing first, The Cookbook Mixtape is expected to hit digital retail locations on November 2nd, 2009. This album will feature The Popper, Kutt Calhoun, Krizz Kaliko, Chain Gang Parolees, Ron Ron, Big Scoob, and, of course, Snug Brim.

The second solo project, titled Self-Made, is expected to be "all about animosity" and "pissed off" (via press release) is to have appearances by Paul Wall, Too $hort, Jim Jones, Bun B, and Tech N9ne.
"It's about the people who think they got me where I am, when it was me." Expect the rapper to pull no punches. Given the freedom to speak entirely for himself, Skatterman plans to immortalize on wax his frustrations with the music business, false friends and broken promises. A track called "Loyalty and Betrayal" expresses Skatterman's feelings on former label Strange Music, among other themes.
While the two may not be currently working towards their third album release, they both seem to be dedicated to the growth of their label.

Article by twicked, eyayeyay!

May 29, 2009
lol, fu Kain :lick: Posted it for those who didn't read up on it and were possibly still waiting on Perseverance. As they used to be on strange I assumed that people who bumb Strange music on the daily would be interested in a group who left this year and what happened to the album they announced at that time.

I tell ya, I was psyched for the 3rd LP until the last week where I saw nothing on it anywhere and even more disappointed this morning when I didn't show up on iTunes... :ermm::mad:

Nov 6, 2005
lol, fu Kain :lick: Posted it for those who didn't read up on it and were possibly still waiting on Perseverance. As they used to be on strange I assumed that people who bumb Strange music on the daily would be interested in a group who left this year and what happened to the album they announced at that time.

I tell ya, I was psyched for the 3rd LP until the last week where I saw nothing on it anywhere and even more disappointed this morning when I didn't show up on iTunes... :ermm::mad:
See what youll realise, is that unlike where you came from, we have actual opinions on the music we listen too.

May 29, 2009
and tell me, where have I tried to stop anyone from saying their opinion?... lol

For the most part, I generally agree with everyone on sicc—All i've stated thus far was that it was posted those who have interest in the topic. Somehow this must be a hard concept for Asmo to figure out so I'll have to write that in the first line next time, I suppose. Save the effort of replying ;) Smart asses, haha.

Edit:
ASMO, if LDS is on the same page as you then I'm just a jackass. :p

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
and tell me, where have I tried to stop anyone from saying their opinion?... lol

For the most part, I generally agree with everyone on sicc—All i've stated thus far was that it was posted those who have interest in the topic. Somehow this must be a hard concept for Asmo to figure out so I'll have to write that in the first line next time, I suppose. Save the effort of replying ;) Smart asses, haha.
Actually, you missed his implication of saying most people on here formulated an opinion on Skat and Snug years back. And being that you're new, you couldn't possibly remember when Snug got on here and turned a lot of people off from his music through his attitude.

What Asmodeus meant to say was SS news on here doesn't go very far, and if it does, it usually doesn't have anything to do with their music.

May 29, 2009
Thanks, LDS, I wasn't aware of how Snug was when he came around here. That's too bad. Although everything kinda makes a bit more sense now as to why everyone around here's kinda turned off from them.

As for zero, lol, you bastard. :p You're not supposed to call me on this shit, haha.

Anyhow, I like it here. As long as everyone keeps their cocks in their pants and discuss news and opinions like adults I'll stick around. the other forum is full of children and speculation and absolutely devoid of intelligent thought.

Nov 14, 2002
My cock is out right now... I always surf the sicc with my cock out. There's plenty of people fuckin' around on this board too, but they're generally funny and at least have something worthwhile to say once in a while.

That's still 90% better than thereal boards.