Silkk The Shocker: Lightening Strikes Again

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 22, 2005
Silkk was known to fuck up a good song with his slow kid flow!! That nigga was the worst dude on no limit and that's saying alot.

Mar 20, 2008
Silkk was real tight I own most of his albums but I own most of nolimit shit the only shit he had that was wack was whatever was on the new nolimit but c-murder was the best especially on that master p track everyday thang c killed It

Kyle

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I always liked Silkk and actually think that his off-beat flow works. His last couple albums haven't been great ...actually that 'Made Man' album is one of the worst in my collection... but I'll probably buy this. I dunno why, but I've always given Silkk the benefit of the doubt.

Jan 30, 2007
im not a hater but it just blows my fuckin mind how popular NL was back in the day, IMO they put out straight garbage. Silks flow was fucking horrible he couldnt flow over any kind of beat just like his brother master p they would stutter and the delivery was garbage. beats by the pound was the only saving grace for NL....

Apr 25, 2002
I disagree

King George, Calli G, Lil Romeo, Lil Italy was worst then him
there was NO ONE worse than master p himself. i was listening to a few old no limit songs a while back that i hadn't listened to in years and was AMAZED at how wack master p was! he was DECENT at best when he actually wrote down his raps but a lot of his verses were freestyles and sounded like complete garbage. its crazy how such a wack rapper has a couple classic albums under his belt (Ice Cream Man, Ghetto D)

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
Lol, Silk was kinda tight at least he had a own style and was authentic and thats what I miss in Hip Hop nowadays, his old skool shit was his best shit, but I understand I've u dont like it..some people just dont like it

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
there was NO ONE worse than master p himself. i was listening to a few old no limit songs a while back that i hadn't listened to in years and was AMAZED at how wack master p was! he was DECENT at best when he actually wrote down his raps but a lot of his verses were freestyles and sounded like complete garbage. its crazy how such a wack rapper has a couple classic albums under his belt (Ice Cream Man, Ghetto D)
Yes his flow and lyrics arent the best 1s I've heard but Its his old skool shit like Gheto D and Ice Cream and a few more where fuckin great albums! Its wasnt illmatic but its just another style in my opinion, and as for most gangsta rappers, they aint give fuck a rap abilities/skills but they always know how real smooth funky gangsta classic songs (Or knew) and thats what I prefer to listen

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
i still listen to the shocker album. alot of the early 90's no limit, but shit i remember every tuesday you could go to the record shop and pick up a new no limit album. i still have every cd that they made.

none of them were lyrical monsters but they kept the game poppin with that gangsta shit

May 9, 2002
Master P got off on The Ghettos Tryin To Kill Me!...that is his best album hands down IMO.

Jul 6, 2008
silk was cool, hit or miss on tracks. his style was retarded like crunchy blacks on 36.
but i think he improvised alot of his flows and verses, so that might be why it sounded like he wasnt rapping on point to with the beat.

i did like his part on ugk - playas from the south. come to think of it i think the beats is what made him stand out, than the rapper stands out over the beat.

he wasnt bad, but then again i could understand his mumble, stutter, semi-fast rap. u just got to synchornyze it at the same time with your mind, or else he'll get you lost.