Sickology on pace to do 20-25K first week..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
You know, Auto-Tune is supposed to be used to correct flaws in your pitch and such. People from Britney Spears to Tim McGraw or Faith Hill have used Auto-Tune, and have you ever heard them on some T-Pain or Lil' Wayne type Auto-Tune shit? That's what makes Auto-Tune and Talk Box different. Auto-Tune is something designed to fix errors for singers and someone just pushed it to another level to create a completely different sound with it, while the Talkbox was designed to actually change the sound of instruments and/or your voice to give it a different sound.

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
You know, Auto-Tune is supposed to be used to correct flaws in your pitch and such. People from Britney Spears to Tim McGraw or Faith Hill have used Auto-Tune, and have you ever heard them on some T-Pain or Lil' Wayne type Auto-Tune shit? That's what makes Auto-Tune and Talk Box different. Auto-Tune is something designed to fix errors for singers and someone just pushed it to another level to create a completely different sound with it, while the Talkbox was designed to actually change the sound of instruments and/or your voice to give it a different sound.
Yes.

From what Ive read, the robot thingy noise is made when it is set up to correct the pitch in a different octave to what is being sung, along with other effects.

But on a side note, fuck T-Pain for comparing himself to Roger Troutman.

Nov 14, 2002
^^^But the fact remains that you actually have to play the notes on tha Talkbox while your singing with a tube in your mouth whereas with AutoTune you just sing then the computer does it for you.....
In the end you're pushing buttons either way. A "keyboard" is really just a small computer generating sounds just like the notes on any music program.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
In the end you're pushing buttons either way. A "keyboard" is really just a small computer generating sounds just like the notes on any music program.
agreed but theres a difference in skill between having to play a keyboard and sing at the time......and singing off key then having your engineer run your voice through a program so it sounds like that.....

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Seems a lot of people retired the talk box after Roger Troutman's death. Though, the Talk Box is still used, David Cook used it on American Idol last year. Auto-Tune was initially released in 1994 too, which is well before the Talk Box died down.

Feb 16, 2009
I still stand by my statement that T-Pain is a dope rapper, as well as a funny dude.
No lie I hate his singing and R&B but T-Pain is a tight ass rapper listen to this shit if you don't believe me.

But anyway... It looks like MIMS shoulda been the one getting on Tech's album for promo since Tech sold twice as much LMAO

Apr 16, 2007
people still use talk-box. i was watching metallicas making making magnetic and hetfield was using one with his guitar. and come to think of it i saw a aerosmith video with steven tyler using one on the intro to sweet emotion.