Shutter Island

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
Saw a sneak preview for this a few hours ago. Loved it. A must-see, in my opinion. Although you might predict what is possibly going on, all the twists and turns along the way will breed new theories and make you second guess previews ideas. Also, all the actors are superb. My father saw it with me and said he hadn't seen such a great performance from Dicaprio since "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" The way the film's shot has a very Hitchcockian feel.

Definitely check this one out this weekend.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Yeah im seeing this Sunday, i guess one of the reasons it got pushed back was cuz Scorcese wanted to keep changing things, adding things, he felt it was a movie he could work on pretty much forever.

Sep 17, 2007
I got free tickets to the Premeire in Downtown last night, shit was packed, but that is the last time i'll prolly ever watch that movie again. Shit sucked. I haven't heard silence after a movie ended like that in ahwile.

The island itself was the best thing to me.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
The movie doesn't call for cheering. It's not a sleek action flick with explosions and one-liners. I bet more people liked it than you realize. I was at the same screening as you (Downtown Plaza) by the way. And you already know how I feel about it. Out of curiousity, what are some recent movies that you like? I'm not gonna bash you or anything. I'm just curious.

Sep 17, 2007
Shitter Island didn't completely suck, there was a bunch of koo parts but i just wasn't feelin it for some reason. I guess its just DiCrapio. His movies are good but just can't dude serious sometime, his accents are lame. Heres some movies i checked out on netflix in the last couple of weeks that i thought were koo. I havne't gone to the movies in hella long, i think the last movie i saw was Sherlock Holmes besides shitter island.

The Hurt Locker
BRONSON
The Last Winter
Ong Bak 2: The Begining
Trailer Park Boys

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
Shitter Island didn't completely suck, there was a bunch of koo parts but i just wasn't feelin it for some reason. I guess its just DiCrapio. His movies are good but just can't dude serious sometime, his accents are lame. Heres some movies i checked out on netflix in the last couple of weeks that i thought were koo. I havne't gone to the movies in hella long, i think the last movie i saw was Sherlock Holmes besides shitter island.

The Hurt Locker
BRONSON
The Last Winter
Ong Bak 2: The Begining
Trailer Park Boys
I saw Sherlock Holmes as well, and I am unhesitant to say that Shutter Island was way better.

As far as the Netflix list goes, I've only seen two of those movies: The Hurt Locker and Ong Bak 2. I like both of those movies (although for very different reasons) but I must admit that I liked Shutter Island more.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
Sherlock Holmes was fucking awful, so if you are comparing Shutter Island to that then I just became very disapointed.
No. You didn't just become very disappointed. Rather, you realized that saying Shutter Island is a far better film than Sherlock Holmes is exactly what you were hoping to hear. You also realized that no specifics are being compared. Although, if they were, they'd relate to the filmmaking itself and not the story or characters since the two movies tell completely different types of stories and depict completely different types of characters.

I'll do it again:

Shutter Island is WAAAAAAY better than Bio-Dome with Pauly Shore. Deal with it.

Mar 4, 2009
just saw it about 20 minutes ago..... i liked it but you could kinda tell something was going on everytime the cops would smile behind his back. i figured they might all be messing with hime but i didnt realize how much! it was a cool twist and good movie to talk about afterwards.

so did he pretend to still believe he was a cop at the end so they would kill him or was he just uncurable??

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
just saw it about 20 minutes ago..... i liked it but you could kinda tell something was going on everytime the cops would smile behind his back. i figured they might all be messing with hime but i didnt realize how much! it was a cool twist and good movie to talk about afterwards.

so did he pretend to still believe he was a cop at the end so they would kill him or was he just uncurable??
His last line seems to indicate that he was cured, but he couldn't live with the knowledge of what he did, i.e. he preferred to "die as a good man" by pretending to be Teddy in order to remove the monster via lobotomy.