should there be 2 hip hop forums?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

should there be 2 seperate hip hop forums?

• Total voters

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
There are other forums, also, that are more into the eastcoast, back-pack type of sound. Don't limit yourself to siccness.net when it comes to finding new music.

Oct 27, 2008
if you've been involved in the culture for so long, then you should understand how integral & important the ever evolving facets of the culture are to its survival & advancement. i feel like a portion of the culture isnt fully represented on this site. look @ all the fucking useless forums we have on siccness.net.

if you dont want this section, whatever. but if you care enough to shoot it down, please shoot down all the other bullshit sections we still have going that get (& would get) far less traffic.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
This site was made to offer gangsta rap fans a place to converge, at a time when gangsta rap was viewed as bullshit & not hip hop. You can't get mad that sicc doesn't provide enough "hip hop" coverage, when the goal was to give the underdog a voice.

Jan 18, 2006
never understood why there wasn't a East Coast forum, is it cuz of the West Coast bias on this site? Anyway imo they could get rid of most of the sub forums like Midwest, South, Northwest, 91siccness and even LA and just combine it into one forum like general hiphop. Bart was a big reason this site became so popular so I don't see that one ever going away but having 1 forum would get more views and threads imo

Oct 27, 2008
This site was made to offer gangsta rap fans a place to converge, at a time when gangsta rap was viewed as bullshit & not hip hop. You can't get mad that sicc doesn't provide enough "hip hop" coverage, when the goal was to give the underdog a voice.
& now the underdog is anything intelligent. but the sicc doesnt necessarily owe anything to the hip hop community i guess. useless waste of broadwith forums will remain, & legit ideas for a different approach to space arent viewed as real "hip hop" ..lol.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
lol @ afraid to.. its just the internet. theres a diff betwen fear & simply understanding theres no point, if the forum is gonna remain like this. why post backpack albums in a forum that also showcases rick rosses latest single? lol fuck it, people will argue just to argue. if i feel like yelawolf sucks (IMO) there will be plenty who will try to tear down my views in spite.
as for the forum separation--- i just think backpack fans have been discouraged from posting their shit cuz the majority of ppl who enter this forum dont care @ all about that type of music. if it had its own forum, i think it would get more hits & draw a different crowd to the siccness.
Being discouraged and acting upon it is being fearful of opinion, thus being afraid of posting it.

You can lol all you want to what I said, but remember you said it first.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I get that "hip hop is how you live, and rapping is what you do" or however you want to say it. I know hip hop is a lifestyle and not a form of music. But there's still a type of music that we consider "hip hop". That music is jazz samples or turntables or lyricism or whatever else you want. I know defining it can be difficult, and the type I have in mind is best described as "backpack".

The fact of the matter is that when people use "hip hop" to define music, no matter what that term means to you, we can all agree that Soulja Boy is not hip hop.

We got a forum for the South, so throw it in there. We got a forum for the Midwest, so post in there. We got a forum for the Bay and the West Coast, so post in there.

It gets real discouraging going into a forum so I can talk about Rakim or Statik Selektah, but I have to scroll through a bunch of Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane to do it. I've been on the Siccness for 13 years, but I go to other sites to talk about hip hop, since the Siccness doesn't have a forum to do it in.

Apr 20, 2005
some people are starting to like better hip hop music anyway. no need for a another hip hop forum. Eminem signed SlaughterHouse and Yelawolf. Thats a good start to for people to start checking them dudes out for the year

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
if you've been involved in the culture for so long, then you should understand how integral & important the ever evolving facets of the culture are to its survival & advancement. i feel like a portion of the culture isnt fully represented on this site. i agree 100% of this and have no reason to argue that point

look @ all the fucking useless forums we have on siccness.net. what forums would u consider bullshit?nthey are there because enuff people want it there

if you dont want this section, whatever. but if you care enough to shoot it down, please shoot down all the other bullshit sections we still have going that get (& would get) far less traffic. its not that i dont want this section to come to fruitation look at my name i love east coast rap. shit i wa sbraned by half my high school for that fact...its been requested multiple times in my almost 9 years here and it sumthing that i dont see happening unless u get half of the regulars to vote yes on it or maybe come up with a better arguement to convince nemo and gabe and shit... good luck u need that and alot more
responses in yella

Oct 27, 2008
I get that "hip hop is how you live, and rapping is what you do" or however you want to say it. I know hip hop is a lifestyle and not a form of music. But there's still a type of music that we consider "hip hop". That music is jazz samples or turntables or lyricism or whatever else you want. I know defining it can be difficult, and the type I have in mind is best described as "backpack".

The fact of the matter is that when people use "hip hop" to define music, no matter what that term means to you, we can all agree that Soulja Boy is not hip hop.

We got a forum for the South, so throw it in there. We got a forum for the Midwest, so post in there. We got a forum for the Bay and the West Coast, so post in there.

It gets real discouraging going into a forum so I can talk about Rakim or Statik Selektah, but I have to scroll through a bunch of Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane to do it. I've been on the Siccness for 13 years, but I go to other sites to talk about hip hop, since the Siccness doesn't have a forum to do it in.
THIS post is exactly what i was getting at. i was hella drunk throughout the rest of this topic (& dont feel like looking back @ my argument), but this is really my whole point in a nutshell. i believe someone mentioned that an east coast forum should exist, & i think that would work well to solve (much of) the problem.

@ ecose-- i'll browse through the diff forums & name off the useless ones in a bit.

Oct 27, 2008
@ ecose-- all 5 forums in the Hustle section, both forums in the Affiliates section, 40 ounce records section, jus family records section, monstaville music section, money tree records section, platinum bound ent. section, madesicc muzicc section (yeah that shits been done for a long time, coming from a *former?* lynch fan), west coast mafia forum, & judgement day (seriously).

i only spared APT 3's section because i like all their artists (besides their malice & mars features) n feel like they put out that good ol' mobb music. lol.

i also agree that ppl misuse the general hip hop section by posting things that could easily go into one of the regional forums.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com

It'll be ok.