Should fat people pay more to fly?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
I was watching the news last night and there is a controversy over Southwest Airlines new policy to charge people with big fat asses for two seats. The second seat is sold at a discounted rate, to make the overweight people feel a lil' better. Is this discrimination?

P.S. It was pretty fucked up....they kept panning the camera below the waist on all these fat people as if to say "here's an ass that requires two seats.......*camera pans to the right*.....D'OH!...there's another one!" What if YOU were one of the fat asses and they called you out on TV like that? I'd be PISSED!

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
About time someone does this. We've all gotten stuck next to the lard ass on a flight at some point. Pisses me off when the person next to me is spilling over in my seat, and I can't put my shoulders back because of their obesity. Besides, doesn't the FAA have weight restrictions or something? How many fatties can get on a plane before they overcome Bernouli's Principle?

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
SHEA said:
BUT I DONT AGREE WITH THE AIRLINES, CAUSE IT'S THIER CHEAP ASSES THAT WONT GIVE US AMPLE SEATING
SO WHY DONT THEY MAKE PART OPH THE PLANE AN AREA PHOR PHAT PEOPLE... BUT THAT WOULD SUC HAVING TO TELL SOMEONE THEY NEED TWO SEATS CUZ THEY ARE OVER WEIGHT...I WORKED AT AN AMUSEMENT PARK BEPHORE AND I HAD TO TELL PHAT POEPLE THEY WERE TOO BIG TO PHIT IN THE SEATS, THEY WOULD ALWAYS LOOK EMBARRASSED AND IT MADE ME PHEEL LIKE AN ASSHOLE...ABA

May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
it's a sticky situation....i would feel bad if i were overweight and they made me pay more. it's hard to know how i'd feel if i were in that situation since i am not. i know i'd feel bad about myself already....and then worse cuz people are pointing in out to me.

May 5, 2002
If your ass needs 2 seats to fit, then your ass is gonna pay for 2. now why should the airlines re-do their whole planes spending billions to make bigger seats for probobly 5% of the people who will need them. they should be spending it on better airport security not these retards they got stripping down grandmas for weapons...

May 2, 2002
I understand it's a touchy subject, but the bottom line is if you take up two seats...you have to pay for two seats. It wouldn't be fair for me to lay down on the person next to me, or rest my elbows on them the whole flight.....

M-Phive...I worked the rides at an amusement park too. It's hard for a 16 year old kid to have to tell big people they can't get on the ride, especially when you're holding up the line trying to explain to them why they can't get on.....

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
What were the meds for? I get bad airsickness myself. My ears feel like they're going to implode and turn my melon into mush. But only on really long flights. I'm fine only going up and down Cali.

Sarge, don't trip. I didn't know where to start the thread anyway. It was a toss up.

Apr 25, 2002
facebook.com
I'm not skinnny...kinda a big boy...but not that big 2 need 2 seats....maybe 1 and a 1/2 -lol...anyways...theres bigger seats in 1st class....they should just give it 2 us free! and let them skinnies have the whole coach thing....have a slim party and serve fat free and low cal foods.....while us fatties are chillin with pizzas and ice cream... :)

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
T.A.GUERRERO said:
I'm not skinnny...kinda a big boy...but not that big 2 need 2 seats....maybe 1 and a 1/2 -lol...anyways...theres bigger seats in 1st class....they should just give it 2 us free! and let them skinnies have the whole coach thing....have a slim party and serve fat free and low cal foods.....while us fatties are chillin with pizzas and ice cream... :)
LMAO...ABA

May 2, 2002
I think the problem is Southwest doesn't have first class (I could be wrong), so they don't have bigger seats for the bigger people. If bigger people have a problem with it, they should just go on a different airline...there are plenty to choose from.....