Should college football have a playoff system?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Playoffs for college football?

• No, I like how it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, 4 team playoff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Feb 15, 2006
I think college football should have a playoff system. I say, keep the rankings, and the top ranked 6 teams play. #6 vs. #3, 4 vs. 5, 1 and 2 have byes, and play the winner of those games.

The losers then play eachother in the other two top bowl games.

It would take three extra games, which is why they say they don't have playoffs.

It would be so much more exciting and fair IMO

May 9, 2002
Northern707 said:
regarding bowl games, playoff system?

I like overtime in college better, but overall I like the nfl better, think it's faster, the most athletic football
You dont watch much CFB to think that the NFL is faster.

OT in college rules over NFL's "sudden death".

If football were boxing, the NFL would be Super Heavyweights. Slow, sluggish, one big punch could win the game.

College football is like super lightweights. Flurries of punches, and its not over usually until the last second. Sometimes you get middle weights against welters, but thats usually at the begining of the season.

NFL is borderline boring most of the time. I can sit down and watch ANY CFB game on, but i can only watch select NFL games.

Feb 15, 2006
Yeah that's a good analogy. I can watch any college game, as long as it's not like central florida, or a small name school, but I'll watch that if it's close in the second half.

The nfl, I can watch any game, no matter who's playing cause there's always a player to watch, or some story to follow with a team.

Feb 8, 2006
$$$$$$$$$$$

Bowl games bring in money.

But a playoff system would show a TRUE CHAMPION not one decided by fat sportswriters.

Feb 15, 2006
You could still have bowl games, they would be like the Rose Bowl or Fiesta bowl, but it would be for the losers of the first game(s), so it would be like for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th.

Sep 26, 2005
there should be a playoff system some teams can go undefeated and still wont make it to tha national championship game teamz should earn that spot not be choosin

Dec 19, 2005
YUNG $PIDER said:
i think that instead of 1st down and 10,it should be 1st down and 20....cuz i hate seeing mothafukaz have like 500yrz yardz every game
lol...football scores are gonna start lookin like baseball scores...6-3, 9-7, and shit

but anyway i do think a playoff system would be better.