Shots Fired @ E-40 Concert in Denver

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2006
"Several people were reportedly shot outside a Denver nightclub where Bay Area rapper E-40 was performing early Saturday morning (December 27). According to 9 News, people were sent running for cover when gunfire erupted outside Club Vinyl at around 2 a.m.

Police declined to confirm how many people were shot but various 9 News sources claim as many as five people were hit. At least one bullet went through the window of a hotel across the street from the nightclub.

"It was bullets flying everywhere. It was automatic. It was like a machine gun, ba-dop ba-bop ba-bop ba-bop. It was just really crazy," said Kendall Davis, a security guard at the hotel. "At first we hear a wave of shots and we didn't realize it was gunfire until we seen a lot of people running by. So then definitely I wanted to secure our building, so we hit all the lights, locked the front door, secured our business because we didn't want any shooters running in."

"It was just mass chaos. Basically, once we realized that there was no more shooters, I just kind of came out and made sure no one got hit. We realized that a bullet went through one of our windows, room 19, so I had to run out there and check and make sure the resident up there didn't get shot," said Davis. "It was pretty crazy."

December, not november.

Police in Denver, Colorado are investigating a shootout following an E-40 Concert that left five people wounded.

According to police, the shooting occurred around 2:00 am outside of the club as it closed, after E-40 had performed without incident inside the venue.

Local residents in the area have stated that fights frequently break out at the club, which is located at 11th Avenue and Broadway in downtown Denver.

A witness to the shooting said he heard automatic gunfire, followed by a large crowd scattering for cover.

"It was bullets flying everywhere. It was automatic. It was like a machine gun, ba-dop ba-bop ba-bop ba-bop. It was just really crazy," witness Kendall Davis told Denver‘s 9 News. "At first we hear a wave of shots and we didn't realize it was gunfire until we seen a lot of people running by. So then definitely I wanted to secure our building, so we hit all the lights, locked the front door, secured our business because we didn't want any shooters running in."

One victim is in critical condition while four others were treated for minor wounds and later released.

E-40’s latest album Ball Street Journal is in stores now.

Nov 20, 2005
Local residents in the area have stated that fights frequently break out at the club, which is located at 11th Avenue and Broadway in downtown Denver.
its just a bad spot thats all

~k.

Jan 23, 2008
a concert is for enjoyment. leave that street bulshit in the movies. niggas trying to feed
they family with this shit.respect the husle. and stop tearing up the venues.its hard
enough to book shows as it is. increase the peace

Jun 24, 2003
its just a bad spot thats all

~k.

nah man. its not that badd of a spot! haha. it's just a pretty nice big club bro. they'res like 4 levels in that bitch. one for like each kinda muzicc and shit. pretty big. like on the bottom bottom in the basement its the rap, and most packed of the 4. and its HOT AS FUCK in there. no shit, like over 110 degrees! and the next is the main level for techno. the biggest and 2nd nicest of the levels. and the 3rd is for like idk, older shit. and the 4th they mix it up. with different djs. but the 4th floor is sicc man! its on the roof. half of its inside, and the other half is outside. and you got a bad ass view of the city. can see the capitol building, it was pretty sicc man! hella fine ass bitches too!!

Apr 25, 2002
I dunno but 713 click just sold me to that club for the simple fact that it has a panoramic view of the capitol building on the 4th floor....

May 8, 2005
What the fuck. People were getting shot at and shot and yall up here thinking that shit is funny. Its not funny when you get shot or getting shot at. I also do not like how they using e-40 name like that. They act like he was shooting. he cant control dumb fucks.