Short Films

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 14, 2006
im planning on starting a little project making some short films for some fun, we already have a bunch of stories and some already ready material such as a script and stuff but we just need some equipment to pull this off.

i have a camera but its not really good at all so anyone know the cheapest camera thats pretty good with a mic bult-in but not really that bad but just good for beginners.

we also need some software, we were going to go ahead and make a really rough film adding to some feel to the movie by just making it naturally grainy with the camera i already have and with Windows movie maker but if i get a new camera id rather just use a different software with better features.

any other things you guys would suggest is welcome.

thanks

May 15, 2003
basicly, you can use any kinda digital video camera you want to as long as you dont care about it being interlaced (which means looking like home-video), for years i used a sony mini-dv camera and it looked ok, no one will complain about it (unless your trying to sell the film)

if your trying to make a professional film, go with the panasonic dvc-30 or the panasonic dvx, they're high-definition cameras with a feature on them that can record 24 frames a second (the dvc-30 records 30 frames per second though), but what that means is it'll give it kinda a REAL-movie type of feeling, like did you ever notice in real movies the motions are really smooth looking and almost dream-like? thats what the 24 frames per second is all about. those cameras are expensive though, my dvc-30 cost like 1700 dollars

for editing, i reccomend adobe premiere, i still use the oldschool 6.0 version, but it works fine, and its simple to use once you get the hang of it. if you dont know how to use it, find someone who does that can teach you or even take a class on it, cause when it comes to film-making, editing is REALLY important.

you can check out some films i made...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3zJK0bWbC8

and more...
www.myspace.com/epicpictures2006