Shit!! Yall missed out if you didnt attend that Battlecat n DJ Quik...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 15, 2003
It was a long wait but it was well worth it... Local producers competing against each other and 2 Westcoast Legends appearing... you cant be that... ill upload pics later...

Feb 14, 2004
shit, i totally forgot about what the name of the thread was, i was looking at them pics and was like, "shit them pics looks like dj quik" lol

Notes

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Waste of fucking time in my opinion. Here's why:

--They said Chicago packed 1,000 people into their battle. I know there are way more people in Chicago, but we had a venue that only held 350 people. And Seattle is home base for the battle! There were people lined up out the door that couldn't even get in. Why they didn't get a venue with more capacity is beyond me.

--It seemed like most people, including myself, were under the impression that there was no cover charge to get in if you registered online. I believe "free with online registration" was what they were hollerin. Then they wanna charge everyone to get in. It was only $5.00 but it was more of a matter of principle. What was the point of even registering then?

--Everyone was packed in like sardines and the battle took WAY TOO LONG to get started. And no one could figure out why, but for some reason they kept playing east coast music to pass the time. No offense to the east coast or east coast music but we're not on the east coast. I wish the dj (or whoever was in charge of the music) would have given some thought to the fact that we're on the west coast and maybe played more than 3 or 4 mainstream west coast cuts.

--Because the venue wasn't big enough, there were no re-entries. There was also no where to go to escape the hot, smelly, dirty ass club that had no air conditioning. So myself, along with a slew of other people made the decision to avoid passing out and leave the club halfway thru the 1st round. I knew I wasn't gonna be able to get back in, but that's how hot it was in there.

But on a lighter note, there were a lot of people outside, some getting kind of rowdy. In an effort to keep things under control, a female security guard came outside, put on her game face and literally puffed out here chest more than I have ever seen anyone puff their chest out. I couldn't believe she was serious. But yeah, this was almost a bigger waste of time than the west coast hip hop awards

Nov 7, 2003
www.myspace.com
Man they always playing east coast shit out here. some of these niggas want to be from New York so bad...lol but i do love the east joints, but would love to here the west coast joints cause i can relate more being from the west...

Dec 21, 2002
No offense to the east coast or east coast music but we're not on the east coast. I wish the dj (or whoever was in charge of the music) would have given some thought to the fact that we're on the west coast and maybe played more than 3 or 4 mainstream west coast cuts.
I AGREE 1000000000000000000%

That's 3 or 4 West Coast cuts played in a West Coast venue. Imagine how many get played outside the west.

Dec 15, 2003
I hated the dj. he played all this commercial ass eastcoast bullshit. how? why? I sure wasnt feelin it. I also wasnt feelin most of the producers havin these down south n eastcoast beats. i chopped it up wit battlecat n he was sayin it was his first time to Seattle n he had no clue we loved the westcoast so much. guess he must hav changed his mind when he heard the dj...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
And no one could figure out why, but for some reason they kept playing east coast music to pass the time. No offense to the east coast or east coast music but we're not on the east coast. I wish the dj (or whoever was in charge of the music) would have given some thought to the fact that we're on the west coast and maybe played more than 3 or 4 mainstream west coast cuts.
i heard they ddi that last year too....and the dj was all pussy and told someoen "it's a friendly battle."

if this is EAST coast style shit, battles are BATTLES...not friendly pussy shit.

i'm glad i didn't go, cause i heard this shit was WACK AS FUCK.....i don't reallyc are if quick or battle cat were there....just shows they don't really put on dope shit either...cause i heard they were the ones putting in on in the first place....

but i dunno, nor do i care....cause i wouldn't wanna waste my time going to some self dick sucking faggoty east coast beat contest.

especially when one of the better producers in seattle can't even fuckign WIN the god damn thing. fucking pathetic.