shit i need help on research paper!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2006
any history nerds in here??? im writing an essay based on the change in social structure in russia and i have no fucking idea on what to write. im guessing on writing on how they shifted from a communist government to a capitalist and how people started to make money. please help!!!!

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
well the bolshevik party in russia which were lenin and stalin were the communist part of russia. Stalin greatly advanced the technology of the russians in very little time. he did this by using the farm workers very effectively. but russia didnt start democratizing until Gorbachev came to be president, he came up with all types of democratic reforms. he banned alcohol, started to privatize businesses and stuff like that. After him was Yelstin which recently died, but the two were bitter enemies. Now putin is in charge. Theres a lot more man, but its way to much to type. if ur looking for the democrizatation part and the fall of the soviet union, Michel Gorbechav (not sure about spelling right now) would be your first start. Look him up on wikipedia. that should help you a lot. Let me know wats up.

Aug 7, 2006
fuckdemsquares said:
well the bolshevik party in russia which were lenin and stalin were the communist part of russia. Stalin greatly advanced the technology of the russians in very little time. he did this by using the farm workers very effectively. but russia didnt start democratizing until Gorbachev came to be president, he came up with all types of democratic reforms. he banned alcohol, started to privatize businesses and stuff like that. After him was Yelstin which recently died, but the two were bitter enemies. Now putin is in charge. Theres a lot more man, but its way to much to type. if ur looking for the democrizatation part and the fall of the soviet union, Michel Gorbechav (not sure about spelling right now) would be your first start. Look him up on wikipedia. that should help you a lot. Let me know wats up.
thanks a lot man, but what about the social structure cuz thats what my essay is about. by social structure i mean like the peasantry and all that and how the fall of communism allowed people to go out and make all the money they wanted. well whatever thanks bro

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
see when stalin was in power there were no private businesses allowed, he kept everything public and the government would get a huge peice of the pie. Anyone aiming to privatize business was deemed a traitor and probably killed. But when Gorbachev came into the picture (late 80's, early90's) Russia started seeing its first attempt at actually democratizing because he was promoting private businesses. Although when stalin was in charge 80% of russians attended a university. And the fall of communism is pretty self explanatory to why the people of a country would make more money because in a communism your pretty much paid for what you do, and what you need. Capitalism lets business grow and helps people make a lot more money then they would in a communism.

Feb 16, 2007
i need help for a research paper, i need to compare and contrast the book "A Lesson Before Dying" with the movie by the same title, somebody help
thanx

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
If you mention Stalin you should mention the Gulags and how he killed way more people than Hitler...

New Russia few people very rich, most people very poor!

Anyway, you should do some research somewhere else and not on the Siccness lol

Jun 2, 2002
fuckdemsquares said:
hahaha, thats where i draw my inspiration from.
jesus, after the "per sway" thread i never would have expected such a detailed knowledge on "the change in social structure in russia" from you. hahaha, i apologize...my hat's off to you. lol

Nov 20, 2005
3xLaZY said:
jesus, after the "per sway" thread i never would have expected such a detailed knowledge on "the change in social structure in russia" from you. hahaha, i apologize...my hat's off to you. lol
*smh*

~k.