Shipping Requirements for PayPal Seller Protection?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 6, 2007
With all these changes to ebay recently, I was wondering how sellers are now shipping music to both Domestic & International addresses...

Some questions I thought would be helpful for new/returning sellers to have answered:

1. What shipping methods do you use/prefer to use for Domestic/International music sales?
2. Have your standard shipping methods changed recently?
3. Has ebay/paypal recently changed their recommended/required shipping guidelines in regard to seller protection?
4. What are the benefits/drawbacks to the different shipping methods?
5. How can sellers protect themselves against claims/chargebacks/reversals, and is it even worth the additional shipping co$t?

I seem to recall that in order to receive full protection on an international sale you would have to spend like $30 to ship even if it was just one cd or cassette. And if the buyer had an unverified paypal address, you were basically screwed anyway.
Am I totally wrong?

I have 5 cassette tapes to ship to an address in Germany, and I'm thinking sending them in a well-packed Priority International Flat-Rate Envelope (no additional shipping options) would be the most reasonable cost-effective way.
Please advise...