Shawn Porter vs Kell Brook August 15th

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2008
For the record I'm going with Kell Brook by decision...I like his style...however it's a shaky prediction because if Porter gets rough I'm not sure if Brooks can hold up. Kell had 2 good rough fights with Carson Jones and seemed to improved when he stopped Jones in the second bout so I guess we will see.

If this fight has already been posted...sorry for the duplicate.

Mar 18, 2008
The only criticism I have of Brook...is he needs to learn HOW to hold meaning: you can engage the embrace but not the clinch...it should be like a combination. Brook had to hold with Porter because of Porter's compact swing and fast hands so Brook found it difficult to lead with no more than one or two shots because if Kell committed to a 3rd and 4th swing Porter would have got him first. What Kell started to do in the mid rounds was use the ref's "voice" and got a rhythm for how long to hold and come out swinging. So he should lead with a 1 and 2 punch...engage...leverage the shoulder...then shift/ roll to the left or right and fire off. Porter for his part accepted the "hold" from Brook and made sure his arms or one arm was under Kell's arm around his waist so he couldn't move accept maybe straight back...and at that same time Porter never stopped punching. Brook can also jab around while moving and catch Shawn out of position then fire off combinations...but on the "straight away" Porter is very active with his hands.