Sharks DESTROY Detroit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 27, 2002
www.google.com
What another great game. Just 2 games after losing 8-0 to one of the worst teams in the NHL, the sharks start off their home game against detroit in a similar way, quickly falling down 3-0 and having to pull their goalie. Then, they slowly begin a comeback by scoring a goal before the first period ends to make it 3-1. In the second, the sharks come out like a team possessed and score 4 goals to take a 5-3 lead. Then, in the 3rd, not losing any energy from the previous period, the sharks score 4 more and allow only 1 to make it a final blowout score of 9-4.

Franchise Record Set:

Most Powerplay goals : 6
Most Conescutive goals: 9
Team points leader : Marleau

1 goal shy of tying franchise record for goals in a game. Alos, 8 goals against the Dominator, is the most he has allowed in 14 years of being a first-rate goalie.

May 6, 2002
Ya, that 8-0 shutout was bad. Good rebound though.

The Ducks blew a 3-0 lead with 10 minutes left in the 3rd tonight. Then let CBJ score 4 times in 10 minutes, losing the game 3-4.

It's been a good season so far.

May 15, 2002
Do you guys think the Sharks demoted Carle and Bernier because they're gonna try to make a trade (possibly involving Toskala too), or do you believe the coach's reasons for their demotion? I think the Sharks are going to make a trade soon. Maybe not with these guys, but they need a good veteran defenseman asap.

May 27, 2002
www.google.com
I was pretty stunned by the demotion of Carle and Bernier considering Carle is their best offensive d-man and Bernier has been putting up some decent scoring figures. I think he just wants then to take a break and relax because they haven't playing their best and smartest hockey lately. I don't know if he is thinking about a trade yet since the team has rebounded quite nicely after their huge loss to Phoenix. However, why would Wilson trade Toskala who has numbers equal to Nabby's but a much better record?

May 15, 2002
I only suggested Toskala because Nabokov has a no trade clause in his contract and it doesn't make sense for him to wave it unless he's going to Anaheim or something (which won't happen). The Sharks basically need a solid defenseman because their young guys (especially Vlasic) sometimes have trouble playing the puck and reading plays and Toskala would probably be the easiest way to do that. If it were me, I'd keep the team I have and deal with those problems within the roster, but it's still a possibility they'll make a trade.

I seem to be more involved with the Sharks than my own team.:ermm: