Sharks bEAT the Ducks

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 27, 2002
www.google.com
Yesterday 2 of the top teams in the NHL met up at HV Pavilion and I was lucky enough to be there and watch a hell of a game. The Sharks were down 2-0 and then one of their players, Mark Bell, started a fight, by the time he was done serving his 5 minute major for fighting, the score was 2-2. Then in the 3rd period Anaheim took a 3-2 lead but Cheech tied it up 31 seconds later. And with 2:13 left in the 3rd, Thornton shot it and it deflected and went in and the Sharks took the 4-3 lead that would last the final crazy minutes. Hell of a game.

Jul 9, 2005
Sicc, that game was tight. Youre lucky to see them beat the Ducks, cuz they are lookin good this year. I knew we would handle them though, and its good we did it early in the season so we can get in their heads.

May 15, 2002
I was there too and it was an awesome game..LOTS of energy. I hope these teams meet in the playoffs. Mark Bell's fight definately changed the momentum of the game. As soon as the Sharks started throwing the body around, the Ducks started to falter. And the Ducks are very good passers, but they run into trouble when they try to move the puck too much. It was quite obvious when the Sharks got at least three breakaway chances on interceptions..luckily for Anaheim they were all slow players.

If the Sharks are to win the Stanley Cup they'd probably have to find another good veteran defenseman..Vlasic is kinda clumsy sometimes and an experienced guy would prevent the little mistakes he makes. (I didn't realize how smart Kyle Mclaren and Scott Hannan are until last night. They almost never make mistakes.)

I have to say though, Cheechoo is a bit of a pussy. He's good at checking, but he can't back it up. I've been to three Sharks games this season and every time someone comes after him he backs away..NEVER stands up for himself. And I also realized he's not much of a puck handler, he's very opportunistic.

But my Penguins are still doing alright. I don't see any kinda playoff success, but at least we finally have a chance to make it in there!

May 6, 2002
RedStorm said:
I have to say though, Cheechoo is a bit of a pussy. He's good at checking, but he can't back it up. I've been to three Sharks games this season and every time someone comes after him he backs away..NEVER stands up for himself. And I also realized he's not much of a puck handler, he's very opportunistic.
I have come to the same conclusion. Keep in mind the only Shark games I see are against the Ducks or the Kings, but Cheechoo just doesn't seem like he likes to apply pressure. The guy has no aggression. I don't want to go as far as saying "he's just in the right place at the right time", but it sure seems like it. Like I said, I don't watch all Shark games but the ones I do see he scores by camping by the net.