SERIOUS QUESTION

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 17, 2009
ONLY REAL MUSIC NOT NO FANBASE WHERE THEY CHANGE THERE STYLE. RATHER LISTEN TO SOMEONE SPEAKIN ABOUT HOW THEY REALLY FEEL AND WENT THROUGH THEN SOMEONE SPEAKING WHAT THEY WENT THROUGH BUT GIVING PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT TO LISTEN AND FOLLOWING THE WHOLE CROWD.

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
myself being a righteous & dedicated norteno my answer is..........

Fuck No!

I would not let my child between the ages of 5 to 10 listen to ANY Rap that is going influence them to glorify / pursue the lifestlye of a gangsta, hustla or whatever you want to call it!
( a life of crime with no education or goals, drug addiction, and no motivation for advancement topped off with self pity and resentment for all circustances you created or accepted yourself is NOT what i want to fill any of my future children's head with.)

as a parent you should give them avenues to pursue any and every option or oppurtunity
they desire.
given this, i would accept my child's decision to flame up and educate them on there commitment.....but you said age 5 to 10...........

Jan 6, 2009
I would never let my children listen to anything like that. The choices i have made in life were not the best. Its taken years to rectify alot of my mistakes. My only true flaw is that i still identify with the Northern cause. Only a snot nosed 16 year old gangster or a burnt out o.g. has no regrets. Ive had family and friends get they lives cut short, lil kids left with no daddy's is the scariest thing i have ever seen. Id rather spend a eternity in hell than ever see my kids walk the same i road i did. Most people think this music this is real or represents something, but remember they are trying to sell u something.

Thats truth, take it for what it is... i really don't care. Anyone under 21, i don't want to hear anything you say cuase you aint seen the truth of the game yet.

May 2, 2009
myself being a righteous & dedicated norteno my answer is..........

Fuck No!

I would not let my child between the ages of 5 to 10 listen to ANY Rap that is going influence them to glorify / pursue the lifestlye of a gangsta, hustla or whatever you want to call it!
( a life of crime with no education or goals, drug addiction, and no motivation for advancement topped off with self pity and resentment for all circustances you created or accepted yourself is NOT what i want to fill any of my future children's head with.)

as a parent you should give them avenues to pursue any and every option or oppurtunity
they desire.
given this, i would accept my child's decision to flame up and educate them on there commitment.....but you said age 5 to 10...........

CO SIGN ON THIS. EXCEPT THE PART OF ALLOWING MY CHILD TO BANG.

Feb 1, 2009
That's funny!!
I bet most of us were bumping N.W.A and shit like that when we were kids, but Homeboy rap isn't o.k?

I personally listen to homeboy rap around my kids, as long it's not dissing woman or talking bout murdering.....which was what N.W.A and Too short were rapping bout when I was a kid.

Aug 29, 2009
That's funny!!
I bet most of us were bumping N.W.A and shit like that when we were kids, but Homeboy rap isn't o.k?

I personally listen to homeboy rap around my kids, as long it's not dissing woman or talking bout murdering.....which was what N.W.A and Too short were rapping bout when I was a kid.
doesnt homeboy rap like basically only talk about beatin bitches, and killin skrapz..also sellin drugs and again killin skrapz

Apr 3, 2008
That's funny!!

did your parents buy you that...or did u come up off of someones older brother...most of us grew up listening.to that cuzz are parents didnt like it thats why it stayed in the walkman

May 8, 2008
Why did you pick 5-10 years old(curiousity)? To answer your question, no. I'll try to teach them to pursue something worthwile, make sure to keep them out of trouble..& see how that holds up, when their old enough they can make their own decisions

if they were older? No, I wouldn't mind it..their most likely to get into rap anyways

Edit: I'd let them listen to some HBR..it's not all violent, some of it is on some deep shit

Mar 25, 2005
I WAS JUST CURIOUS AS LAST WEEK AT ONE OF MY NEPHEWS FOOTBALL GAMES I SEEN SOME KID BUMPIN DARKROOM AND HE COULDNT HAVE BEEN MORE THEN 5 YEARS OLD. aND THIS PAST WEEKEND I TOOK MY KIDS TO THE PARK AND SEEN SOME KIDS THAT LOOKED ABOUT 7 OR 8 BUMPIN WOODIE AND JUST THOUGHT ABOUT HOW THESE KIDS DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE LISTENING TO.

Aug 17, 2008
Fuck that. I know first hand that music CAN influence you at a young age. I was maybe 10 when i started secretley listening to DRF and Woodie. This was back in the "KILL A SCRAP KILL 14 SCRAPS" era of homeboyrap. My brother would get pissed when he would catch me listening to "scrap killa" n shit like that. i really thought that those fools rappin were mass murderers and killed scraps on the daily, lol.And thought thats how it really went down. anyways fuck no i am a PROUD norteno n never been ashamed of what i am but would not condone my children listening to it at that age.

Nov 8, 2007
AT THAT AGE NO. I USUALY PUT THE RADIO ON WHEN MY KIDS ARE IN THE CAR. ONCE THEY GET OLDER ILL LET THEM LISTEN TO WHATEVER THEY WANT BUT ILL MONITOR THE WAY THEY ACT. AND STILL WHOOP THIER ASSES NO MATTER WHAT AGE!

Feb 1, 2009
did your parents buy you that...or did u come up off of someones older brother...most of us grew up listening.to that cuzz are parents didnt like it thats why it stayed in the walkman
I used to hear that from older brother's and older family members..

My parents would not allow us to have that at home but when you're a kid you always find ways to listen to it!!

You also have to teach you're children that it's just music. Just like a horror movie it's just a (movie) and some things are fake and unexceptable in real life.

One more thing, I didnt say a 5 year old kid should be listening to "hardcore" gangsta shit either.LOL

Feb 1, 2009
Fuck that. I know first hand that music CAN influence you at a young age. I was maybe 10 when i started secretley listening to DRF and Woodie. This was back in the "KILL A SCRAP KILL 14 SCRAPS" era of homeboyrap. My brother would get pissed when he would catch me listening to "scrap killa" n shit like that. i really thought that those fools rappin were mass murderers and killed scraps on the daily, lol.And thought thats how it really went down. anyways fuck no i am a PROUD norteno n never been ashamed of what i am but would not condone my children listening to it at that age.
What age 10?.....But you did, so you're gonna tell your kid not to do it when you did or should you monitor what his listens to and explain that it's music and not all is real and most is not exceptable in real life.