Serato question...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 9, 2005
Okay, so I'm trying to record using Serato's built in recorder, but for some reason its red lining all the time. I even tried to turn down the gains, master volume on the mixer, and even the receiver volume...to no avail.

Is there a better way to record a mix or what not on Serato than the built in recorder ?

Thanks in advance !

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I never used this app, but have you gone into the control panel and looked at the settings for the recording devices? Check those settings and make sure they are set correct. After this you should set everything to unity gain, and set whatever it is you are trying to record to the lowest setting possible. From there arm the track to record and slowly raise the level of what you're trying to record so the signal is strong enough and then record it.

BTW, I just dug this up for you

http://www.rane.com/pdf/sl3man19.pdf

Dec 9, 2005
Thanks man ! I just had to turn all of the gains and master volume way down, which made the recording sound really low as well, but not distorted at all.

So now I'm using Audacity to record through the output from the mixer, into the mic input on my Macbook.

Thanks again !