SEATTLE'S LOCAL MUSIC SCENE!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2004
I tried postin, a thread on here a while back and didnt get much of a response. I live in Seattle, goin to the DUB, originally from San Diego. Im trying to find some cats who maybe I can get up wit, on the music tip, beats (especially beats) rappin watever, just trying to network a lil bit. Holla at me if anyone can help me out.

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Fuck With Syko. Im Not Sure How To Get Ahold Of Him But If You Try U'll Find Him. He Got The Best Beats & Lyrics In The NW. www.myspace.com/syko12 Thats His Myspace. Prolly Be The Best Way To Hit Him Up & Hear A Sample Of The Heat He Got.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
If you go to Reigncraft, and you listen for some of the beats you like, we got connects to most all of the producers too. To learn more about that shit, just figure out who you're feelin' the most. You may be able to connect with them and chop it up.

Dec 14, 2005
If anybody knows local Seattle acts who are looking to record and get exposure, I represent a Seattle sound production/distribution company that are always looking for some artists to record with our own. If you are looking to get exposure - we are very active in street and online promotion - then definitely send me a message, or a link to some of your work. We have some artists working on full lengths right now who are looking for guest features. If this interests you, hit me up.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
You did say 'learning the arts of beat making'. But the point is, if you wanna fuck with some shit around here, you're gonna have to find people you like and make it happen.

Go to Guitar Center in Lynnwood, ask around the Keyboard area and you could most likely find something to fuck with.

Jan 28, 2005
My tip is, make sure the snares snaps hard, the bass thumps hard, the instruments aren't thin, and pick up a book on mixing and get yourself friends with the parametric equalizer, compressor and don't goto heavy on the reverbs. Goto Guitar center and familiarize yourself with the keyboards, the 3 main ones are the Korg Triton, Roland Fantom and Yamaha Motif. Akai MPCs are for samplers, I don't know if you're into that, but give it a try to find out. To start off try to get just a low budget mixer with a xlr mic input, atleast a $100 24bit soundcard like the emu 0404 or m-audio ones, don't skimp on the mics, thats probably the most important thing, try to atleast get a $200 condenser mic like the Rode Nt1, if not, shure dynamics go around $99, $60 if at a pawn shop. Also the pros use Protools, but cakewalk or something similar like Adobe Audition should be good to load up your newly created beats and records your vocals. If you don't got the budget just fool around with a trial version of Fruityloops, but don't use the presets, download some soundfonts off the internet and load them into it. Hope this helps you out. MERRY CHRISTMAS NW!!!