Seatbelt laws...wtf

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002
Daveyboy said:
i've been kinda trippin on this shit lately...why is it a law in some states that you are required to wear a seat belt...you pay for your own car..you pay tags...you pay insurance...wtf...why can't you have the choice to wear one or not...people on motorcycles have the choice whether to wear a helmet or not...to me this is crazy...
bc u can fuckin die if u hit anything, n whoever is in the car can die 2, n when it comes to kids being in they car they can die a lot eaiser then adults....... im fuckin glad seat belts are around, ever since i got fucked up in a car accident last thankgiving i wear my seat belt no matter what...... think about it, it takes 3 seconds to put it on, but without it u could lose ur life, so is 3 seconds of ur time that much?

May 17, 2002
Snubnoze said:
Laws sometimes have to make up for people ignorance IMO...
That's the truth. Did you know that seatbelts have actually caused more accidents since it became a law to wear them? This shit is the truth, we learned it in my Econ class. Since people think they are safer with seatbelts they drive faster, and get into more accidents.

Apr 25, 2002
Capt. Save 'Em said:

That's the truth. Did you know that seatbelts have actually caused more accidents since it became a law to wear them? This shit is the truth, we learned it in my Econ class. Since people think they are safer with seatbelts they drive faster, and get into more accidents.
I'm not the brightest blunt in rotation but, I don't think thats the kind of reaction the government was expecting on. Ignorance is bliss.

:dead: