Seahawks News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Serio question. Do you think they might be using Graham for something else? Such as another big trade or move up in the draft big time? I mean, he costs alot. And we still need to lock in Russ and Bobby. Just something thats been running thru my head
Maybe, but i dont think anyone can stress how badly a QB needs a TE. On top of that, we have one weapon: Lynch. Thats great, but im sure the coaches saw a need for more fire power.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Serio question. Do you think they might be using Graham for something else? Such as another big trade or move up in the draft big time? I mean, he costs alot. And we still need to lock in Russ and Bobby. Just something thats been running thru my head
we better not fuckin be... ive been pleading, hoping, dreaming all that for a star tight end since hasselbeck was here. its my dream right now to have a TE like graham and gronk playing at the same time, going back to running the i-formation all the time

Feb 14, 2004
Four things we learned from GM John Schneider on 710 ESPN Seattle

Key takeaways from Seattle GM John Schneider's Wednesday conversation with 710 ESPN Seattle on newly-acquired tight end Jimmy Graham and the Seahawks' offseason.

On Wednesday morning, Executive VP/General Manager John Schneider sat down for a conversation with the team's flagship radio station 710 ESPN Seattle.

The interview came less than 24 hours after the Seahawks confirmed a trade that will send New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham and a fourth-round draft pick to Seattle in exchange for center Max Unger and a first-round pick, pending physicals by both players.

Here are four things we learned from Schneider's 20-minute segment with 710:

1. Jimmy Graham Was Shocked, But Excited, Too

The first call Schneider made after the deal between the Seahawks and Saints went down was to Unger, who Schneider said New Orleans had "strong interest" in. The Seahawks GM said he didn't want Unger to hear the news from anyone else.

Schneider's next call was to Graham, who had received a similar heads up from Saints head coach Sean Payton. Graham, a private pilot, had flown his plane to the west coast of Florida where he was "just hanging out on the beach" when Schneider's call came.

"He was shocked, but he was really excited, too," said Schneider. "I think people look at Seattle as a cool city and the fans and the stadium and coach Carroll and the fun atmosphere to play in."

2. Jimmy Graham Isn't A Dominant Run Blocker

Graham isn't known for his ability as a blocker. Schneider acknowledged as much, noting Graham's strengths lie with his speed, athleticism, and ability to post-up defenders - an area that allows him to work in his collegiate basketball background.

"Is he a dominant run blocker? No," said Schneider. "He's not. But he's a dominant pass catcher and he's a difference-maker in the passing game."

Schneider said he's looking forward to how Graham will help open up the rest of the offense as opposing defenses are forced to game-plan around one of the League's most productive tight ends.

"I just think that he makes all of our receivers better," said Schneider. "He makes our tight ends better. He's a competitor. Just in practice even, I think there's a lot of cool things that are going to happen the way we practice, the tempo that we practice with. So I'm excited about it."

3. What's Left Of The Offensive Line?

With Unger off to New Orleans and left guard James Carpenter agreeing to terms on a free-agent deal with the New York Jets, two-fifths of Seattle's starting offensive line from last season are on the move.

Asked if the team intends to shore up the position this offseason, Schneider said the club's energy "always starts up front" and also called out up-and-coming players that could fill holes for the Seahawks next season.

"I will say that there's several players on this team that people don't know about yet on the offensive line that we're really excited about, especially at center and tackle in [Garry] Gilliam and Keavon Milton and Patrick Lewis. So there are some guys here that we feel real good about playing with."

If the team were to line up and play a game tomorrow, Schneider said Alvin Bailey would be the starter at left guard.

"You always ask coaches along the way, 'Hey, if we we're going to play tomorrow, how would we line up?'" said Schneider. "Then we just keep moving forward all the way through the process like that. But it's not just the offseason, it goes through the whole season because there's guys that are cut during the season and you're like, 'Hey, is this player going to help us at say left guard? Would he be able to compete with Carp?' You're constantly doing that."

4. There's No Finish Line

Schneider was asked to elaborate on the meaning behind one of his favorite phrases: "There's no finish line," a nod to the Seahawks' unwillingness to rest on their laurels, even after appearances in back-to-back Super Bowls.

"You're just constantly pushing the envelope in every aspect of the organization," said Schneider. "Obviously, everybody sees the acquisition part of it. That's the number one thing that everybody sees on the outside. But I think what happens is it's every department. For us it's coaching. It's what are we doing in the player performance department - how can we figure out guys' sleep patterns, whatever we can do to help the players out. However we can help out with our technology and moving us forward, we're pushing that.

"It just never stops," he added. "That was one of the things that Pete and I talked about right when we got here was that we were going to try to be out front and doing it better than anybody's done before - I know you've heard Pete say that a lot, but it's real. It's about competition and it's about not ever being complacent. We actually talked about it right after the Super Bowl last year. Nothing ends, especially in this business. If you're complacent in this business, you'll lose your job."

Four things we learned from GM John Schneider on 710 ESPN Seattle

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Report: Former Raiders center Stefen Wisniewski set to visit Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks traded away their starting center on Tuesday.

Now they are looking to free agency to potentially find a new one.

According to Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports, former Oakland Raiders center Stefen Wisniewski is heading to Seattle for a visit with the Seahawks. A source has confirmed the visit to PFT.

Seattle dealt six-year veteran and two-time Pro Bowl center Max Unger to New Orleans on Tuesday as a part of a deal to acquire tight end Jimmy Graham from the Saints.

Wisniewski was PFT’s second-rated center on the free agent market behind Rodney Hudson, who signed with the Raiders earlier this week. Hudson’s deal with Oakland averages close to $9 million a season. Wisniewski’s price tag could be somewhat considerable as well as the top remaining center on the market.

Wisniewski started 61 games for the Raiders over the last four seasons after being selected in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
I'd think graham would work out of the slot, now if the seahawks csn get a Delanie walker type and run two te, they would be scary.

Feb 14, 2004
Red Bryant out in Jacksonville

Former Seahawks fan-favorite Red Bryant is once again on the market after he was released by the Jacksonville Jaguars. Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union reported the news on Thursday.

The 30-year-old Byrant signed with the Jags last offseason after he was released by Seattle as a salary-cap casualty, reuniting with head coach and former Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley in Florida. Bryant’s release would save Jacksonville $4.5 million against the cap next season.

Bryant, the son-in-law of former Hawks great Jacob Green, was a fourth-round pick out of Texas A&M in 2008 and played six seasons in the Emerald City, transitioning from defensive tackle into a top-notch run-stopping end under head coach Pete Carroll.

Seahawks notes: Seattle to host Stefen Wisniewski; Jaguars release Red Bryant - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

May 9, 2002
Nah we will leave that up to y'all. I'm sure it won't help when the Seahawks go 2-14 in the future
What evidence do you have that we will go 2-14??? Didnt everyone on earth say we would miss the playoffs last year too?

Last i checked, Hawks were making smart moves in FA...the fuck are the 9ers doing besides losing players left and right???

Have fun watching us in the playoffs again next year!

Feb 14, 2004
After landing Jimmy Graham, Seahawks now even bigger favorites to win Super Bowl 50

After their blockbuster trade Tuesday for superstar tight end Jimmy Graham, the Seattle Seahawks are now even bigger favorites to win next year’s Super Bowl.

The Hawks’ betting odds to win Super Bowl 50 jumped to 5-to-1 on Wednesday, online sports book Bovada said. Those were the best odds in the NFL, at least according to Bovada, and were better than many of the odds that had Seattle winning next year even after losing Super Bowl XLIX in February.

The New England Patriots, who beat the Seahawks 28-24 last month in Glendale, Arizona, were next with 6-to-1 odds, according to Bovada. They were followed by the Green Bay Packers at 7-to-1, Indianapolis Colts at 10-to-1 and Denver Broncos at 12-to-1.

Meanwhile, Seattle’s rival San Francisco 49ers dropped from 16-to-1 down to 33-to-1 after their disastrous start to free agency this week. The Niners have lost running back Frank Gore to the Colts, guard Mike Iupati to the Arizona Cardinals and linebacker Patrick Willis to retirement — not to mention last month’s firing of head coach Jim Harbaugh, who landed at his college alma mater, Michigan.

SportsBettingDime.com, another online sports book, also gave the Hawks improved Super Bowl odds after the first two days of free agency, now listing Seattle as 5-to-1 favorites. The Seahawks previously were favored at 11-to-2.

And, if you’re wondering why we wrote “Super Bowl 50″ above rather than “Super Bowl L” … the NFL has announced ditching Roman numerals for next year’s big game at Levi’s Stadium, the 49ers’ home field in Santa Clara, California.

After landing Jimmy Graham, Seahawks now even bigger favorites to win Super Bowl 50 - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News