Seahawks News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
He was one of the teams best CB's and best returners, too. I don't like this move at all, but it is what it is...
Saying he is one of the "best corners" is like saying someone is the smartest kid on the short bus...he was average at best, homie.

Not to mention, he gets burned...A LOT. The only reason Josh got traded....was because Kelly Jennings got dangled as trade bait...and NO ONE BIT. What a shocker. He is the only one worse at CB than Wilson is.

This could ALSO mean that Lewis and Park have impressed the coaches enough to where they feel Wilson didn't fit anymore. Not to mention, Thurmond is most likely going to take over opposite of Trufant when he is fully healthy.

Carroll is CLEARLY trying to "dump" Ruskell's guys as much as possible. Thank goodness.

May 9, 2002
Dismissing the impact of his departure just because he is an average player is like saying I don't care if my short bus gets even less smart.
Youre missing the point. Even if Wilson was "the smartest kid on the short bus", the fact is...ITS A FUCKIN SHORT BUS. BTW, Wilson was NOT the smartest one...I was merely putting into perspective to savage, who seems to think Wilson was "the smartest kid". Fact is, he wasn't. He was very mediocre. In my eyes, he should have been gone LAST year.

As of right now, Thurmond is an UPGRADE to both Wilson and Jennings. Why do you think he got traded for a potential 4th round pick? Baltimore is THIN at CB. We lost picks in the Whitehurst trade (dont even get me started on this faggot shit). You are also not taking into consideration that Tru is FINALLY 100% healthy and playing like he SHOULD be again. So in turn, the short bus just got a bit longer.

Jennings was the original trade bait but guess what? No wanted his tiny ass. That faggot looks like a Barbie doll out on the field.

Thurmond was going to be a first round pick had he not got injured. As of right now, he is near 100% and will be starting opposite Tru. Roy Lewis has impressed the coaches and will be backing him up.

By the way, i hope the entire short bus gets blown to fuckin bits and bits.

Feb 14, 2004
Carroll explains reasoning behind Josh Wilson trade

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says the emergence of rookie Walter Thurmond and the return to form of veteran Marcus Trufant helped pave the way for Tuesday's surprising trade of cornerback Josh Wilson to the Baltimore Ravens.

Wilson was dealt for a conditional 2011 draft pick, reportedly a fifth-round selection, after spending most of the past two seasons as a starter in the Seahawks' secondary.

Carroll said Kelly Jennings, who had alternated with Wilson on the No. 1 unit throughout training camp, will be the starter opposite Trufant at this point, with Thurmond challenging for that job.

Thurmond becomes the nickel back when Seattle goes with three cornerbacks, with Roy Lewis and Jordan Babineaux also in the mix for that spot, Carroll said.

Thurmond was drafted in the fourth round out of Oregon, but was expected to be a much-higher selection until blowing out his knee in the fourth game of the season. Though he's still playing with a brace on his leg, Thurmond has impressed the Seahawks.

"It's his emergence and Kelly's play together that really gives us a chance to make a move like this," said Carroll.

Clearly the Seahawks felt they were headed toward this Saturday's roster cutdown date with an extra cornerback, which made Wilson -- a second-round pick in 2007 -- expendable. Carroll's motto all through camp has been about competition at every position and, in this case, they felt they had more than would fit in the final roster.

"It has to do with the way Walter stepped up and Tru is playing and some of the younger guys," said GM John Schneider. "It was one of those deals that comes along. We get calls on players and we don't do everything. This is one of those deals we felt we couldn't pass up."

Schneider noted that Wilson will be an unrestricted free agent next season, which set the market for his value.

"Right now with Josh in terms of value ... we felt it was definitely fair," Schneider said.

The Ravens came after Wilson just in the last few days, according to Carroll, who said one of his goals has been accumulating enough talent to have other teams in pursuit of Seahawks' players.

And in this case, he and Schneider felt they had sufficient depth at cornerback that they could make a move to acquire a future pick.

One of the risks, of course, is counting on Thurmond as a rookie.

"Walter has had a great camp," Carroll said. "He's played beautifully for us, he's played probably more than anybody else. So we've got a great look at him and we're real excited about his contribution.

"Walter is an all-around football player. He runs and hits like a safety. He's shown the speed and agility and attitude and mentality. He hasn't backed off anything. We've seen him against a lot of guys in a lot of situations already and he's really on the come. ... We like what he's bringing."

As for why trading Wilson instead of Jennings, who now becomes the full-time starter?

"They were splitting time," said Carroll. "Both guys could play for us. Kelly has done a wonderful job for us. He's really a good technique player and we're pleased as heck to have him. We were able to do this because of those other guys. That's really what made it possible."

Carroll said Leon Washington will be the kickoff return man now with Wilson gone.

While Seahawks fans were largely caught off guard by the move, Wilson told Clare Farnsworth of seahawks.com that he welcomes the opportunity to return to Maryland, where he grew up and played his college football.

"There's no place like home," Wilson told Farnsworth. "I went to college a mile away from where I went to high school and now I'm going just down the highway from where I went to college to play in the NFL. So I'm not too upset about that."

The Seahawks immediately filled the roster spot created by the trade by signing defensive end James Wyche, 28, who played in three games with Jacksonville and St. Louis last year in the first regular-season action of his career.

He was a seventh-round draft pick of the Jaguars in 2006 out of Syracuse and was with the Houston Texans this summer.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/archives/219949.asp

Nov 24, 2003
Youre missing the point. Even if Wilson was "the smartest kid on the short bus", the fact is...ITS A FUCKIN SHORT BUS. BTW, Wilson was NOT the smartest one...I was merely putting into perspective to savage, who seems to think Wilson was "the smartest kid". Fact is, he wasn't. He was very mediocre. In my eyes, he should have been gone LAST year.

As of right now, Thurmond is an UPGRADE to both Wilson and Jennings. Why do you think he got traded for a potential 4th round pick? Baltimore is THIN at CB. We lost picks in the Whitehurst trade (dont even get me started on this faggot shit). You are also not taking into consideration that Tru is FINALLY 100% healthy and playing like he SHOULD be again. So in turn, the short bus just got a bit longer.

Jennings was the original trade bait but guess what? No wanted his tiny ass. That faggot looks like a Barbie doll out on the field.

Thurmond was going to be a first round pick had he not got injured. As of right now, he is near 100% and will be starting opposite Tru. Roy Lewis has impressed the coaches and will be backing him up.

By the way, i hope the entire short bus gets blown to fuckin bits and bits.

Naw man, I'm not missing the point.

The point is the Hawks suck, without Wilson they suck more.

Feb 14, 2004
I'm done with this talk about Josh Wilson. He's no longer with the team, and that's all there is to it.

I just hope that he does good over there with the Ravens, because I picked the Ravens D in my fantasy draft lol

Nov 24, 2003
Apparently, we dont share that thought.

Wilson sucked ass. We are better without him.

Fair enough.

But it surprises me to hear you say we are better off without Wilson, because as you have previously stated Wilson > Jennings.

So it would stand to reason that;

A Seahawks with Wilson and not Jennings - would be better than - A Seahawks with Jennings and not Wilson.

(assuming that spot on the roster needed to be freed)

Now if the season was gonna be a total bust, then by all means trade for draft picks.

But since I believe we have an outside shot at wining our dismal division, I would rather see us field the best team we can this season.

May 9, 2002
Fair enough.

But it surprises me to hear you say we are better off without Wilson, because as you have previously stated Wilson > Jennings.
Jennings and Wilson arent mutually exclusive, as I have previously posted that Thurmond III will end up being the starter opposite of Trufant by week 3. Book it. They are just making sure T3 is 100% healthy before throwing him out there. In fact, our secondary is starting to round out nicely, with Earl finally showing life and Milloy playing with a chip on his shoulder. I fully expect Babs to be CUT next week. With Adams, Kam, and even Parks getting looks over him.

But since I believe we have an outside shot at wining our dismal division, I would rather see us field the best team we can this season.
Not with this OL we dont...this is a rebuilding/remaking year and we SHOULD be looking at drafting a QB in the draft. If Carrol were smart, he address the OL and QB...and a fuckin reliable RB next years in the draft.

Feb 14, 2004
At this point, nothing will surprise me. If the Seahawks have one thing, it's depth at the WR position. Deion Branch, Golden Tate, Deon Butler, Mike Williams (considering he makes the team, which I think he will), and well TJ Houshmandzadeh. If they do trade him, please trade him for more than peanuts, unlike the last trade.