Seahawks News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Seahawks sign CB Will Blackmon

The Seattle Seahawks have signed cornerback Will Blackmon, who was released by the Jacksonville Jaguars 10 days ago. Blackmon, 30, was in training camp with the Seahawks in 2013 before being released and signing with Jacksonville.

Blackmon missed the second half of last season with a broken finger. The Seahawks clearly are bringing Blackmon in to add depth in the secondary, but he is not a realistic candidate to replace Byron Maxwell, who will sign a five-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday.

The Seahawks also have re-signed tight end Anthony McCoy to a one-year deal. McCoy missed the last two seasons with ankle injuries.

The Seattle Times also reports that the Seahawks did not tender offers to receivers Ricardo Lockette and Bryan Walters, meaning both man will become free agents Tuesday.

Props: BUTCHER 206

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Cary Williams to join Seahawks

Free-agent cornerback Cary Williams has agreed to a deal with the Seattle Seahawks, sources told ESPN.

Williams, 30, is expected to fly to Seattle on Tuesday and sign -- deals cannot be made official until free agency officially opens at 4 p.m. ET Tuesday.

The Philadelphia Eagles released Williams last Tuesday in a flurry of cost-cutting moves by the team.

Williams is ultimately swapping places with cornerback Byron Maxwell, who is expected to sign with the Eagles on a six-year deal worth $63 million that includes $25 million guaranteed, according to sources.

Williams started all 33 regular-season and playoff games during his two seasons with the Eagles. He was part of a secondary that allowed the most passing yards in the NFL in 2013 and the second-most in 2014.

Williams spent an eventful two seasons with the Eagles. Signed as a free agent in 2013 after four years with the Baltimore Ravens, Williams first attracted attention for missing most of the offseason workouts that year. Williams explained that he was spending time with his family and building a new house. Having just won a Super Bowl with the Ravens, he said he needed some time away from football.

During training camp that summer, Williams got into a fistfight with New England Patriots wide receiver Aaron Dobson during a joint practice session. Due to an agreement between head coaches Chip Kelly and Bill Belichick, both players were kicked out of the practice.

Later that summer, Williams' volatile personality surfaced again. He was involved in a practice fight with wide receiver Riley Cooper. Earlier in camp, Cooper was sent home for a few days after an Internet video surfaced showing him shouting a racial epithet during a Kenny Chesney concert.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Im a huge browner fan but i dont know if he should come back. After soaking in the superbowl media week, having seen browner in the real rob report, following his interviews, guys a bully and a psychopath and who kbows how he really treats his team members. They all got this walking on eggshells look when hes around lol. With chancellor thomas Sherman lane being badly hurt at the end of the year this is a huge choice to make. Are they going to coach them to play smarter and faster, or are they going to continue coaching them in this punishing brutal playstyle thats obviously going to hurt them even more. Forget about the LOB and "thats football" and all that these guys are humans i like and i want them around a few more years.

Browner comes back, theyll be hitting harder and hurting themselves even more, itll be a horror show week to week wondering if theyre going to be healthy for the playoffs, or if this is the game the big one happens. Saw enough seahawks get injured the past couple years i dont care for it anymore

Last edited:
May 9, 2002
Blackmon and Williams are just their for competition. With Lane recovering, it fills holes for the summer. Make no mistake, Hawks WILL draft a CB....and a big time one, probably in the 3rd round. I dont think they will try Peters if he is still there at pick 31...i just dont see the scenario. Maybe they trade out?

Last edited:

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Blackmon and Williams are just their for competition. With Lane recovering, it fills holes for the summer. Make no mistake, Hawks WILL draft a CB....and a big time one, probably in the 3rd round. I dont think they will try Peters if he is still there are 31...i just dont see the scenario. Maybe they trade out?
I agree with why theyre there, but not about the "just there" part. I think whoever performs the best will get the starting job, be it them or a new draftee.

Nov 24, 2003
Im OK with it.

There was an article a month ago or so that showed how good our OL actually is....if you "understand" it.

lol I'm pretty sure I read the article you are talking about it and I "understand" it, but I don't totally agree with it either.

I don't think pass blocking and run blocking need to be looked at as such a dichotomy (which if we are thinking of the same article, is basically the argument presented).

Also based on PFF metrics the Seahawks ranked in the middle in both pass and run block.

Anyway you look at it, even if you really liked the o-line last year, losing a guy isn't good.

Props: BUTCHER 206

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Im OK with it.

There was an article a month ago or so that showed how good our OL actually is....if you "understand" it.
So you admit that you agree our O-Line is good? even though we argued about it for weeks during football season and that's what I had tried to say like a dozen times? And I even was the one who posted that article and you dismissed it, lmao :dead:

Anyway our o-line is only going to get better. who knows if unger can stay healthy though. he goes down again, might be worse off than last year. Maybe we should snag a center in the draft just in case if theres one that warrants grabbing and we can basically "steal" from under everybodys noses. those replacement guys didn't do too great

Last edited:
May 9, 2002
lol I'm pretty sure I read the article you are talking about it and I "understand" it, but I don't totally agree with it either.

I don't think pass blocking and run blocking need to be looked at as such a dichotomy (which if we are thinking of the same article, is basically the argument presented).

Also based on PFF metrics the Seahawks ranked in the middle in both pass and run block.

Anyway you look at it, even if you really liked the o-line last year, losing a guy isn't good.
Sorry, i wasnt implying that YOU didnt understand it, i was referencing that the author implied it to us, the readers. I didnt agree with it either. I even commented on it.