Seahawks News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Ok. The Saints have a 3-4 Defensive scheme and the Hawks have a 4-3. Statistics are great but its the offense vs. defense matchups that matter. You have to look at what offensive schemes vs what defenses, its not as cut and dry as looking at statistical rankings. Also, every week adjustments are made based from film and correcting mistakes. This is why the phrase "any given Sunday" exists.
Thats great and all, but what does that have to do with your comment "NO's defense is not the biz"? What exactly are you extracting that from and basing that on? Because the data would say you are incorrect, and that their defense actually IS the biz. They have 2 less sacks, and have the 2nd best TO margin in the league. It has been stated many times this year by NFL pundits that the difference in NO this year is the defense, where in year's past, it hasn't been very good.

Are you saying that the Seahawks match up better against a 3-4 scheme? If so, the Texans are laughing at you. How about a 4-3 scheme? The Rams are now laughing at you. This has jack shit to do with schemes and everything to do with pressure being applied, and the OL not responding to it.

And what difference does it make if the Hawks run a 4-3 and the Saints run a 3-4 scheme? The defenses do not play one another, so its a moot point.

May 9, 2002
I read they are asking for a 2nd or 3rd rounder, which would be a TERRIBLE move to send for a guy that you probably lose in free agency.

2nd round pick for half a season of play = no way jose.

If, as I read in some rumors, Allen was willing to renegotiate his deal; I still don't love it because he is 32, but I wouldn't be as pissed.
Trade's off

Nov 24, 2003
Shit

The Seattle Seahawks need to wait a few weeks until bringing back wide receiver Percy Harvin from a hip injury, because this situation is volatile and needs to be managed with extreme caution. While it is obviously best to bring back Harvin sooner and allow him to give the Seahawks passing offense a significant upgrade, the most important thing is making sure that Harvin is healthy enough to give the Seahawks that sort of an upgrade in the postseason. The Seahawks were wise enough to hold Harvin out of yesterday’s game against the St. Louis Rams despite the quick progress he has made on his hip injury (after all, he did begin practicing lats week), but there is more at play here.

Harvin reportedly had his injury “flare up” last week, which caused him to miss the game against the Rams. Per FOX Sports’s Mike Garafolo, Harvin was on track to play before the Seahawks had to pump the brakes on him playing. Harvin will try and work hard at practice this week in order to play against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but I’m not sure they need him for this one. You know, because it’s the Buccaneers. Heck, they don’t play a tough game until Week 13 against the New Orleans Saints, with Week 12 being a bye week.

According to the Tacoma News Tribune’s Todd Dybas, Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll told 710 ESPN Seattle’s that Percy Harvin is still regarded as day-to-day. Carroll is unsure of Harvin’s status this week, and I think it’s best to err on the side of caution with this one. I know losing Sidney Rice hurts, but the Seahawks need to ease him back at least one more week. Again, it’s the Bucs
Percy Harvin Injury: Seattle Seahawks WR day-to-day, status uncertain - NFL Spin Zone - A General NFL Blog providing you all the NFL News, Rumors, Updates, and National Football League News.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Ive never been so disappointed, embarrassed and downright angry over a win. Pete claims they "tried different things to stop the Rams DL", but that is a hot pile of BS. I saw NO TE help, no extra back help, and no two TE sets that i can remember. The play where Russell threw to Golden immediately on a short screen that got 10 yards? Yeah, more of that. How about a RB screen? That is how you combat a pass rush like that.

Everyone in the NFL, fans and coaches, saw the weakness of this team up close and personal, something fans like myself have been warning others of for weeks now. At some point, they are going to lose becuase of that weakness. Unless Pete & Co. find some kind of remedy. They may need to make some trades here in order to find a solution.

dthis older dude i work with is from seattle and is a huge seahawks fan lol. hes like 50 and got a seahawk tattoo last year. but he was basically saying the same thing this morning, hes worried as hell now cuz the rams showed their weakness like they did to the niners last year

May 9, 2002
Well, if its any consolation, Sidney repeatedly makes the list of "most overpaid players" in the league. His production doesn't come close to his salary. In fact, i read somewhere that the Hawks may cut him after this year and not keep on for the remaining two he has left on his contract.

Props: BUTCHER 206
May 9, 2002
That's not going to last long though. All these guys are going to be asking for huge contracts that's why its so important to win now
Gruden was talking about that during the game. As of right now, we are the equivalent to the A's when Billy Beane discovered sabremetrics as a formula to winning on the cheap. However, players like Sherman and Russell are going to want to get cashed out and they deserve it, relativity speaking.

EDIT: when i say "cheap", i mean for specific high level players, not overall. We actually have the highest payroll in the NFL

Last edited:
Props: Tony

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
lol @ that game. i wonder if they were punishing lynch for flipping off the sideline last game. only 9 carries vs the worst run defense in the league? wtf. fire bevvell, dude must be smoking crack for all that terrible play calling. and no rice is huge, he would have caught fire with harvin back.

the rams deserve a lot of credit for their D too, they played this shit like it was do or die playoff time. rams had the best record in our division last year and i respect them a lot, and think bradford would have torched us. rams are always a threat in division games. i was watching this game with friends and said we might lose something like 17 to 20, friends weren't hearing it and thought wed win huge. not with this shitty o line, and only one decent TE. we need another TE better than miller, and cant wait for giacomini and okung to get back.

hope shit gets fixed after the bye week... cant afford to be performing like this during the home stretch

May 9, 2002
BTW, Our backup Qb makes more than our starter. Our starting 3 CB's make a combined 2.2 mill. Think about that for a second. Sherman, the best CB in football..Browner, a probowler...and Thurmond, a talented nickel. for 2.2 mil. Throw in Maxwell and Lane and you 3.2 million in CB's that are young and very, very talented. Our S already got cashed out, and i can see Earl asking for a raise.

Our 2 highest paid LB's are a converted 1st round DE and a special teams journeyman in Farwell. So you have Wagner, Wright, and Smith making a combined 2.3 mil. Schoefild is only taking up 700k and Morgan, a hybrid, makes less than 600k. The highest paid position are the DE's (Clemons, Red, and Avril, and Bennett make a combined 24 Mil). We get McDaniel and McDonald inside for a combined 1.2 mil. That is unbelievable considering how much we get out of them.