Scott McKenzie San Francisco Sample

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 22, 2003
I don't know who else used the sample but along the same lines:

For producers: There is a demo preset pattern on the EMU Proteus 2000 that was made by the company that sounds exactly like the chords used in the Traxxamillon/Quinn song. Its almost sounds like they sampled that demo for the chords and layered the Scott McKenzie sample over it.

Curious if anyone else noticed this?

Jul 25, 2007
I don't know who else used the sample but along the same lines:

For producers: There is a demo preset pattern on the EMU Proteus 2000 that was made by the company that sounds exactly like the chords used in the Traxxamillon/Quinn song. Its almost sounds like they sampled that demo for the chords and layered the Scott McKenzie sample over it.

Curious if anyone else noticed this?
So he used a synth loop that came with the hardware, a hardly chopped sample and threw on the "Super Hyphy" drums. Probably took him 20 minutes to make that beat.

Jul 22, 2003
So he used a synth loop that came with the hardware, a hardly chopped sample and threw on the "Super Hyphy" drums. Probably took him 20 minutes to make that beat.

I could be wrong but it seems that way. Proteus2000 is very popular module used in tons of bay area beats throughout the years too. I didn't trip that it was the super hyphy drums.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2007
I could be wrong but it seems that way. Proteus2000 is very popular module used in tons of bay area beats throughout the years too. I didn't trip that it was the super hyphy drums.
Not the exact same drums pattern but the same sounds that I noticed he always uses.

Jan 7, 2003
thanx yall for that info ,but im looking for a different version of this song I forgotten the name of the rapper but I use to own the song on a different laptop but it got stolen from me.. i been looking for that song for a min can anyone else help me with his name