San Quinn quote from an interview

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2005
Got this from www.ballerstatus.net
http://www.ballerstatus.net/features/read/id/48613820/

San Quinn: When I first started to rap, I was so eager to rap, I didn't have an ear for a hot beat. Now, I have a good support team around me, not any "yes men," but people who want to see Quinn do well. As far as my lyrical ability, I know I make better songs. My flows are tighter and I know how to make my words hit the pockets better. Instead of using a three-syllable word, I make it two and it flows just as good if not better.

Do any of yall agree with wut Quinn said?

I for one do not think he has a better ear for a hot beat LOL...and his last sentence where he says instead of using a 3 syllable word he makes it 2 and that would be just as good if not better???

Yea umm its plain to see Quinn's skillz has regressed as he just unwittingly admited to...
tho he doesnt see it he believe his skillz have been displayed better than the past....i know alot of people love his album but i bet most of his old fans and when i say old fans i mean folks who followed Quinn from the START would think his old albums are just as good if not better.

Now i know Kenny gone hate with my opinions....so be it...But i aint one of those "yes men"

Do yall agree with Quinns assesment of himself?

If yall really think his now is better then his past then I challenge anyone to compare Quinns lyrics from now vs the past!
anything from mighty Quinn to the rock would be present anything before that would be past!

Apr 22, 2005
actually I think his old flow/delivery was better cuz the shit would literally flow.Alot of his shit now be soundin forced or offbeat but that my opinion.I think it would be tight if he took his flow from his early days and his present day lyrics and beats it would appeal to more folks.

Feb 10, 2005
Al Boo Boo said:
actually I think his old flow/delivery was better cuz the shit would literally flow.Alot of his shit now be soundin forced or offbeat but that my opinion.I think it would be tight if he took his flow from his early days and his present day lyrics and beats it would appeal to more folks.
i would have to agree witchu there Al...even tho i love his old beats ya gotta keep thangs movin...present day lyrics with his old style over sum hyphy or present mobb style beats would kill shit

Nov 1, 2004
well since The Rock is his most recent shit, i think Quinn still got it
that album knocks, if u dont think he got an ear for a hot beat, you probably didnt listen to The Rock

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
bayboy said:
If yall really think his now is better then his past then I challenge anyone to compare Quinns lyrics from now vs the past!
anything from mighty Quinn to the rock would be present anything before that would be past!
What's the challenge though? Your opinion is your opinion. Someone who has a different opinion and posts a dope verse off The Rock most likely isn't gonna make you change your mind.

Feb 10, 2005
Doxx said:
What's the challenge though? Your opinion is your opinion. Someone who has a different opinion and posts a dope verse off The Rock most likely isn't gonna make you change your mind.
if you were to compare his lyrics of then to now...u would see his shit now is almost preschool type shit
like he done said in his interview by using smaller words

Feb 10, 2005
5-Dime NwK said:
well since The Rock is his most recent shit, i think Quinn still got it
that album knocks, if u dont think he got an ear for a hot beat, you probably didnt listen to The Rock
Fasho i bought that the day it came out and listened to it the first hour i took that shit out the plastic wrap!

the other thing is...if he got a tight beat for sum reason his style aint matched up to it...like his so young so cute...that beat couldnt been sumthin betta

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
bayboy said:
if you were to compare his lyrics of then to now...u would see his shit now is almost preschool type shit
like he done said in his interview by using smaller words
I gotta stick with my original post though. No matter what someone posts, you have your mind made up.

Give us your favorite old Quinn verse and list the album it's on so we can pull it out and listen to it to see what you're looking for.

Feb 10, 2005
5-Dime NwK said:
i guess you guys lookin too deep on his shit, i dont dissect as much as i used to, i just turn up the volume and start bobbin my head

yea that could be it too..but a muthafucka been waitin too long for sumthin i know could be betta

Feb 10, 2005
Doxx said:
I gotta stick with my original post though. No matter what someone posts, you have your mind made up.

Give us your favorite old Quinn verse and list the album it's on so we can pull it out and listen to it to see what you're looking for.
i do kinda have my mind made up...but after always hearing people say the rock is the shit listen to it again, i go back and play his cd on my way home and give it another shot...and i always end up feelin gip'd

and as for the verse thang...imma try to do that...when i gets time fasho

Nov 1, 2004
my fav Quinn verse from awhile back gotta be "If It Aint Real It Aint Right" off the Romp 1
Quinn verse is sick as fuck
i remember the first time i heard that verse i didnt even realize it was Quinn, i was like this verse is sick as fuck who is this cat, and i felt like a dumb ass when i listened again and i was like, oh thats fuckin Quinn no wonder i liked it

Nov 19, 2005
bayboy said:
Got this from www.ballerstatus.net
http://www.ballerstatus.net/features/read/id/48613820/

San Quinn: When I first started to rap, I was so eager to rap, I didn't have an ear for a hot beat. Now, I have a good support team around me, not any "yes men," but people who want to see Quinn do well. As far as my lyrical ability, I know I make better songs. My flows are tighter and I know how to make my words hit the pockets better. Instead of using a three-syllable word, I make it two and it flows just as good if not better.

Do any of yall agree with wut Quinn said?

I for one do not think he has a better ear for a hot beat LOL...and his last sentence where he says instead of using a 3 syllable word he makes it 2 and that would be just as good if not better???

Yea umm its plain to see Quinn's skillz has regressed as he just unwittingly admited to...
tho he doesnt see it he believe his skillz have been displayed better than the past....i know alot of people love his album but i bet most of his old fans and when i say old fans i mean folks who followed Quinn from the START would think his old albums are just as good if not better.

Now i know Kenny gone hate with my opinions....so be it...But i aint one of those "yes men"

Do yall agree with Quinns assesment of himself?

u dont like quinn do you???? cuz u are always trippin about lil shit!! let quinn do waht he do its working 10,000 in a month so stop hating!!!!! if you dont like him anymore dont read what he says!! always going out of your way to hate on the guy

Jan 19, 2006
i think the rock is the best quinn album yet the beats are tight and his flow is hella tight...... How can u say someone is off beat when they are a rapper, that just does not make any sense u bums, i guess quinn is a spoken word artist

Mar 18, 2006
Dont knowbody want to see Quinn mad on the mic. The man spit fire when he wants. To me he tryin to hit a commercial level to expand his fan base. Cant hate him for that.

But I gotta say that I dig the flow on "The Hussle Continues" the best.