San Jose People - Suggestions?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
I am planning a trip to San Jose for about 4 or 5 days. I need to be at the McEnery Convention Center for a day or two out of the trip, so I may get a hotel right by there (within a mile or two). Is there anything to do around there? I won't have transportation up there so I want to be somewhere that I can do things within walking distance (shop around, eat, etc.). Am I doing the right thing by getting a hotel right by the convention center, or should I post up somewhere else and just cab it during the convention days?

It says it's in the heart of downtown so I am assuming I can go around and do things, but every downtown is different.

All input is appreciated.

Aug 20, 2003
there's alot of bar's downtown,resturants,movie theaters,go eat at house of pizza 4sho.mind ya own biz n you should be cool.stick to the hotels cause the motels in san jo are janky as fuck....

Oct 27, 2008
there's alot of bar's downtown,resturants,movie theaters,go eat at house of pizza 4sho. mind ya own biz n you should be cool.stick to the hotels cause the motels in san jo are janky as fuck....
lol that really goes without saying.. SJ is still one of the safest big cities in america, according to lists.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
dont get it twisted you can still get you head knocked off easy out here,if you go looking 4 it.but shit what do i know ive only been living here my whole life....
sure, you can "get you head knocked off" in any city... which is why that advice is unnecessary

it's common knowledge pretty much anywhere you go... don't start shit and you most likely won't have problems... that isn't specific to San Jose

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
theres a hookah lounge downtown around the corner from the Hilton called Shisha

it cost a pretty penny, but if u got nothin to do, hit it up...i enjoyed it

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i'd drive up to frisco personally, there may be clubs and bars in San Jo but there really ain't nothing to see there are far as anything touristy aside from hitting a Sharks game or going to great america in Santa Clara which is a suburb right next door. I don't think San Jo has any views of the SF Bay whatsoever. San Jo has alot of fine latin and asian females though.

Oct 17, 2007
if you want to see a badass view go to grosspeck park and go to the top of the hill and bring some bruskies or liquor and some bitches. im not being sarcastic about this ether. thats a badass view and pigs barely swoop by over there cuz the areas kinda rich but people from all over the city go over there cuz of the view

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
if you want to see a badass view go to grosspeck park and go to the top of the hill and bring some bruskies or liquor and some bitches. im not being sarcastic about this ether. thats a badass view and pigs barely swoop by over there cuz the areas kinda rich but people from all over the city go over there cuz of the view
is that off the guadelupe expressway? its got a huge radio antenna on it?

i think me and my lady went there and took pics

May 6, 2002
Cool, so it's settled...I'll get a room downtown so I'm close to everything.
It's just me alone so I don't need to go classy. Run-down places don't bother me. As long as the sheets are washed I don't complain. I'll just make sure the place has good reviews.

I don't know what the deal is about this House of Pizza but I'll take your words for it and see what it's all about.

I really want to check out the Winchester Museum as well (thanks for the link pitbull). That's something that definitely makes the trip worth it.

In regards of trouble, I shouldn't get into any. I really keep to myself and am always polite when I do speak to people, so I should be fine.

Jan 27, 2005
Ha I was just there Saturday night drinkin 40's. It is a nice ass view to kick back and blow some trees

Mar 30, 2007
I am planning a trip to San Jose for about 4 or 5 days. I need to be at the McEnery Convention Center for a day or two out of the trip, so I may get a hotel right by there (within a mile or two). Is there anything to do around there? I won't have transportation up there so I want to be somewhere that I can do things within walking distance (shop around, eat, etc.). Am I doing the right thing by getting a hotel right by the convention center, or should I post up somewhere else and just cab it during the convention days?

It says it's in the heart of downtown so I am assuming I can go around and do things, but every downtown is different.

All input is appreciated.
come through and get tattooed at my shop

Mar 30, 2007
Cool, so it's settled...I'll get a room downtown so I'm close to everything.
It's just me alone so I don't need to go classy. Run-down places don't bother me. As long as the sheets are washed I don't complain. I'll just make sure the place has good reviews.

I don't know what the deal is about this House of Pizza but I'll take your words for it and see what it's all about.

I really want to check out the Winchester Museum as well (thanks for the link pitbull). That's something that definitely makes the trip worth it.

In regards of trouble, I shouldn't get into any. I really keep to myself and am always polite when I do speak to people, so I should be fine.
he forgot to add smoke eaters as well its also dowtown