sample cds

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
Big Fish is always good. I like the Sonik Reality Monster and Vintage Drums a lot. I sample from my kurzweil now, and I don't think I'll need any samples packs in the near future. The thing about those "have all the keyboard sounds from every keyboard" libraries is, how are they inspecting their sample qualities? I meen, it's entirely subjective on how your supposed to properly sample from those keyboards.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
All I know is I have a lot of drum sounds in my MPC 4000 that are labeled "dre kit" "alchemist" "pete rock" etc (they came labeled like that) and for the most part they actually sound good. The thing is, there are a GANGLOAD of sounds in there and I'm not trying to listen to all of them. If I get some free time I'll dump some from the MPC to one of my externals and upload them so you can check them out.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
still waiting lol, claims "professional quality" but in pro audio thats a totally a subjective term

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
it finally came yesterday, there are tons of discs like 20 dvds. I uploaded the virus one and listened to them and they sound like a virus to me. It should keep me busy for a minute. They have things in wav and some patches made for the sampler in logic. If say it was worth the money and the wait

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
it finally came yesterday, there are tons of discs like 20 dvds. I uploaded the virus one and listened to them and they sound like a virus to me. It should keep me busy for a minute. They have things in wav and some patches made for the sampler in logic. If say it was worth the money and the wait
Any more info or opinions?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I know its not exactly like having one of those keyboards but it is a gang of discs with sounds from triton, motif, fantom, various old school synths. It has wav files of tons of sounds in a couple of octaves. Alot of the sounds are long enough that they are very useable.There were some drum hit in there that were pretty good and a couple folders with loops or arpy synths. I uploaded only a few on my computer since there are so many but overall I'm satisfied with the purchase. i think i spent around 40 dollars for it. better than any sample cd that i bought from guitar center. IMO def worth the money i spent for it

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I know its not exactly like having one of those keyboards but it is a gang of discs with sounds from triton, motif, fantom, various old school synths. It has wav files of tons of sounds in a couple of octaves. Alot of the sounds are long enough that they are very useable.There were some drum hit in there that were pretty good and a couple folders with loops or arpy synths. I uploaded only a few on my computer since there are so many but overall I'm satisfied with the purchase. i think i spent around 40 dollars for it. better than any sample cd that i bought from guitar center. IMO def worth the money i spent for it
Cool! Glad it worked out for you, fam.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I gotta test out the multi-sampled virus patches in logic, i primarily use the maschine for sequencing which sort of has limited tools for sound design. I could probably do some crazy stuff with these wavs in Logic or reason if i really wanted to tweak stuff. In the maschine I would have to tweak everything one voice at a time, lay down some midi tracks then internally sample the outcome to actually make a new sound to get similar results. I guess its just a different way of getting similar results wouldn't take longer per-say

Apr 20, 2005
my cuzzin has a shitload of those dvd sample packs. some of have duplicates though. more than 500 GB of random sounds