sample cds

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 6, 2006
ok specificly for me,iam looking for some high (HIGH) quality drum samples and snares

i dont know whats the best product to get,i have alot of softsynths,and i do alot of sound layering,but its justn ot cutting it,and i truly do not want to make another beat til i get sum dope ass drums,but unfortunatly i dont kno where to go,

any type of advice could help me in my journey. i dont mind one hit samples either of instruments or riffs,just would like some dope ass shit,but mainly drums

and what do you guys think about the sample cds they be saling on craigslist and ebay.com? i have a feelin that its just a bunch of downloaded sounds that were free or were hacked/and i may just aswell already have em,but ppl be like o these are kanye drums,and they be like 9bit samples,that sound like shit.help me out

thanks

Apr 25, 2002
I agree with Heresy and would also recommend that you do your own drum sampling also. So that it isn't completely obvious where your sounds came from you can always layer & process the samples.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Yeah man sample your own shit or layer what you already have and tweak them with eq and compression and whatnot. Most of those sample cds are bootsey. i bought one from m-audio for like 40 bucks and it was hella weak.

Mar 17, 2006
50cal said:
sample from vinyl....most those c.ds are garbage....

or if you want to cheat a little, pick up the beats & breaks CD's that Scarface Records (Paris) put out several years ago.

They contain 2-8 bar loops of most (or all?) of the popular old school breaks and some more obscure shit too. The volumes come with the samples on an audio CD as well as all the samples in CD-rom (AIFF format, I believe).

If you're not into sampling whole loops, don't worry: You can break them down into one-shots with any audio editor and then go to town..

The volumes are available on vinyl too, if you like that kind of thing. If you use the CD's you'll still get a nice warm analog sound from most of the samples as they were originally recorded from vinyl to the CD's, at some point.

Now, sound quality: Kinda spotty on some of the breaks and excellent on others. Even the semi-crappy sounding ones are usable as they can be cleaned up via processing.

STRATEGY

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
STRATEGY_510 said:
or if you want to cheat a little, pick up the beats & breaks CD's that Scarface Records (Paris) put out several years ago.

They contain 2-8 bar loops of most (or all?) of the popular old school breaks and some more obscure shit too. The volumes come with the samples on an audio CD as well as all the samples in CD-rom (AIFF format, I believe).

If you're not into sampling whole loops, don't worry: You can break them down into one-shots with any audio editor and then go to town..

The volumes are available on vinyl too, if you like that kind of thing. If you use the CD's you'll still get a nice warm analog sound from most of the samples as they were originally recorded from vinyl to the CD's, at some point.

Now, sound quality: Kinda spotty on some of the breaks and excellent on others. Even the semi-crappy sounding ones are usable as they can be cleaned up via processing.

STRATEGY
yeah them break volumes they sell are cool..its great just to see wht portions they sampled and freaked it.....but there is a difference when sampling from vinyl

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i recently bought a dvd set of all the most popular synths all individually sampled by key range. Its supposed to have the fantom, motif, triton, virus, vintage synths etc all recorded at 16/44 saved as .wav files, it says 56 gbs. I'll keep you posted when i get it. i copped it from ebay and its my first purchase from there. If i get burned it was like 40 bucks and a lesson learned, if its what they say it is it is one hell of a come up, they had posititive feedback so we'll see what the deal is.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
hmm, I dunno about all that ebay stuff that has thumbnails of rap superstars on them. Hopefully it's good. I use my emu esi and kurzweil synth to get the drums. The kurzweil pc3 is definitely worth it. You could resample those sounds and get completely new sounds.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^naw this one isn't one of those dre /timbaland drum discs is claims to have sampled all of the sounds from the top keyboards and synths and put them on like 10 dvds. We'll see if its legit, I need some new sounds and I'm not trying to buy a new keyboard to get them.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
Ohh I see. That's a lot of DVDs ha. Just hope there are more than 20 percent usable sounds, because then it'll be worth it. That 20 percent threshold is completely arbitrary by the way. I'll look to see once my computer gets fixed (fried usb ports again) to see what I have and I can send some via post. You have reason right?

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
ok specificly for me,iam looking for some high (HIGH) quality drum samples and snares

i dont know whats the best product to get,i have alot of softsynths,and i do alot of sound layering,but its justn ot cutting it,and i truly do not want to make another beat til i get sum dope ass drums,but unfortunatly i dont kno where to go,

any type of advice could help me in my journey. i dont mind one hit samples either of instruments or riffs,just would like some dope ass shit,but mainly drums

and what do you guys think about the sample cds they be saling on craigslist and ebay.com? i have a feelin that its just a bunch of downloaded sounds that were free or were hacked/and i may just aswell already have em,but ppl be like o these are kanye drums,and they be like 9bit samples,that sound like shit.help me out

thanks
Have you ever ran your signals through an ampsim? It sounds loud, full, and edgy with the right settings.

Apr 26, 2006
I don't know, maybe you might want to check out Native Instruments Battery.

I downloaded "Best Service - Drums Overkill" It's pretty good for being another sample package, nicely categorized sounds.

Honestly though, I think your best bet is compression, transient designers and EQ. I like SPL Transient Designer a lot. It's similiar to compression, but with more pin-point accuracy and control when it comes to shaping the transients. Also very easy to use. Great tool to have for drums.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i'm hoping i didnt get burned on that shit, itl be the last time i fuck with ebay. I guess its shipping from england and poss the reason why its taking so fucking long to get here.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i'm not even 100% sure how to use ebay to be honest, it said i had to get a paypal account but i didn't but the purchase still went through